Windows 10: Disk cleaner show 900MB File?

Discus and support Disk cleaner show 900MB File? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Disk cleaner shows 900MB Temporary Internet Files, but when I view the link it is Empty Tried running Disk cleaner and CCleaner Cannot find the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamlost, May 21, 2017.

1. iamlost Win User

Disk cleaner show 900MB File?

Disk cleaner shows 900MB Temporary Internet Files, but when I view the link it is Empty
    Tried running Disk cleaner and CCleaner Cannot find the files anywhere, except under disk cleaner
    Anyway of getting rid of it ?

Thanks
    Gary

:)

iamlost, May 21, 2017
  2. SteveMat Win User

Updates from more than one place (local network) not working

Noticed once when I ran Disk Cleanup, that "Delivery Optimization Files" showed ~900MB's. This was ~2 weeks ago, for some reason I kept it "checked" and removed the files so now it is down to ~3MB's.

Given it is patch Tuesday, might see if I can catch it working this week....

SteveMat, May 21, 2017
  3. grahamm7 Win User
    Latest Windows cummulative update KB3206632 doesn't install !!

I have now installed this very large update (on the download site is about 900Mb+!!). My PC i7 processor, 8Gb of RAM and the main disk is SSHD (has some RAM infront of the HD disk itself). Internet 70Mbps
    cable. It took me all morning for download and installation to complete. Looking at Task Manager the disk activity was at 100% most of the time. So it seemed to me that it was getting the 900Mb patch plus the 3 Office 2010 and 1 Adobe Flash software to
    download onto the disk that was the slow point. But as I have now installed this large and very slow to install patch, let us close this question. But many thanks for all those who have replied.

grahamm7, May 21, 2017
  4. AndreTen Win User

I would trust CCleaner. But you can install something like treesize (it's free) and check if there are any large files or folders.

I'm using it myself and it comes very handy *Smile

AndreTen, May 22, 2017
Thema:

1. Disk cleaner show 900MB File? - Similar Threads - Disk cleaner show

2. How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?: Storage Sense calculated 30.9MB of Temporary Files.Both Temp Folders had a combined total amount of 3.18MB in Temp Files.After running Storage Sense both Temp Folders were empty.However, upon running Storage Sense again it still showed a calculated amount of 30.9MB of...
  3. How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to correct Storage Sense/Disk Cleaner Temporary Files calculations?: Storage Sense calculated 30.9MB of Temporary Files.Both Temp Folders had a combined total amount of 3.18MB in Temp Files.After running Storage Sense both Temp Folders were empty.However, upon running Storage Sense again it still showed a calculated amount of 30.9MB of...
  4. WISE disk CLEANER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WISE disk CLEANER: Hi , Is it safe to delete. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wise-disk-cleaner/4e7f0289-2435-4b83-a0a0-982377187445
  5. Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wise Disk Cleaner Free Privacy?: Hello, Windows Home 20H2 (OS build 19042.610) Is safe to install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789? I don't want to share any info with https://www.wisecleaner.com, if I install Wise Disk Cleaner Free v10.4.1.789, what options do I have to uncheck to avoid send them any...
  6. Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?: Hey guys... Is using Wise Disk Cleaner safe in deleting files? I dont want to be sorry I deleted something I shouldnt. Let me know guys. . 157019
  7. GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations: What do you think about tools that clean up and optimize the PC. Basically, I'm very cautious now regarding the use of external - not Windows 10 OnBoard Tools. With the registry cleaners, I've done more harm than good. There are suddenly empty entries in the registry...
  8. Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner: I turned on the PUA protection and Defender now quarantines Wise Disk Cleaner which some on this forum recommend. I downloaded the program from here Wise Disk Cleaner - Free Disk Cleanup and Defrag Tool, Kaspersky Total Security which I recently uninstalled never objected to...
  9. What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What disk cleaner/registry cleaner are you using: Win 10 til July I did way to much testing, trial and error on various tools, apps, utilities, etc. I'm afraid of most website reviews because of malware and false positive reviews because of affiliation. Is there something else great like CCleaner that has both disk cleaning...
  10. Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers'

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Discuss the uses of 'registry cleaners', 'disk cleaners', 'optimizers': I am opening this thread to hear your comments on the necessity or benefits of outside software such as: driverbooster slimcleaner registry cleaner and so on..... clearly windows 10 does some of its own work. here you can talk about it. 52321