Windows 10: Disk Cleaner stuck on Pass 1: defragmented 0%

Discus and support Disk Cleaner stuck on Pass 1: defragmented 0% in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Not sure why it is stuck on this. Been like this for about 30 mins now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Ziluth, Sep 28, 2020.

1. /u/Ziluth Win User

Disk Cleaner stuck on Pass 1: defragmented 0%

/u/Ziluth, Sep 28, 2020
  2. GeoffBott Win User

Disk defrag stops at 1%

Hi Dennis

Many thanks for your reply. I have tried to do as you suggest, but there doesn't appear to be an Applog file under C:/Windows. Not sure whether I have looked correctly - I ticked the Hidden items option on the right hand side of the view ribbon.

One further point, the Disk Defragmenter tool does not actually get stuck or stop responding - it completes its sequence but shows that the C drive is still 1% fragmented. Before the updates, it always showed 0% defragmented.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Geoff

GeoffBott, Sep 28, 2020
  3. GeoffBott Win User
    Disk defrag stops at 1%

Hi Thanks for info. I have not solved the problem. I ran Method 1 and no problems showed up. Unfortunately, I could not run Method 2. Nothing happened when I typed the command.

I still cannot get Defrag to go to 0%. It keeps saying that the disk is 1% fragmented. It is all since the last update.

I hope you can sort it. Thanks

GeoffBott, Sep 28, 2020
  4. GeoffBott Win User

Disk defrag stops at 1%

Hi. I have always used defrag without any problems, but since the last Windows 10 update, defrag of the system disk does not go down to 0%, it always stops at 1%.

Can anyone help, please

GeoffBott, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Disk Cleaner stuck on Pass 1: defragmented 0% - Similar Threads - Disk Cleaner stuck

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. Defrag has been stuck pass 2 0% reallocated pls help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defrag has been stuck pass 2 0% reallocated pls help: [ATTACH] I really have been stressing out on this pls help me someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defrag-has-been-stuck-pass-2-0-reallocated-pls/5a2ed4c2-b563-4131-b0a5-2df3e3cca6c0
  5. Disk defragmentation stuck at Pass 6: 0% consolidated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk defragmentation stuck at Pass 6: 0% consolidated: So I defragged my HDD because it was becoming slow but it's now stuck at this for nearly 4 hours now what should I do? submitted by /u/Kekkei29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbhp8t/disk_defragmentation_stuck_at_pass_6_0/
  6. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  7. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, I bought a Desktop it came with M.2 MVME PCIe SSD and HDD . the win10 is in the SSD . But the SSD is listed as disk1 and the HDD listed as disk0 in Disk Management. In general it's functioning OK, but today when I installed the Adata SSD Tool Box for maintenance...
  8. Defragment stuck at 0%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Defragment stuck at 0%: I recently installed a fresh copy of windows on a drive. I just analyzed it and its 32% fragmented. But when I optimize its just stuck on Pass 1: 0% defragmented ive restarted my computer and tried optimizing again but it just stays at 0% submitted by /u/yeetusnibbus42...
  9. Disk defragment is stuck

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk defragment is stuck: Hello!So I have seen that the C drive is 10% fragmented so I decided to do a defragment.The disk defragment have been running for 8 hours and now it got stuck at Pass 7:0% consolidated. It's stuck at this pass for like 30-40 minutes.Should I wait or should I stop de...
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defrag stuck at zero