Windows 10: Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

Discus and support Disk cleaning selection to free up space. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space. I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TammyLamoreaux1, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

Hello

I need free space on my disk C: because now I only have 27 GB of free space.

I would like to know if it is recommended to select "compress the operating system drive" in disk cleanup to free up space.

Thanks in advance

:)

TammyLamoreaux1, Jul 26, 2019

2. hard disk space

Hello,

Taking into consideration that the free space is shrinking fast, it is possible that your system is creating restore points. To
    delete restore points except for the recent one, simply follow the steps below:

• From the Cortana search box, type Disk Cleanup and click on the first result.
    • Once the Disk Cleanup window appears, select the
      More Options
      tab.
    • Under the System Restore and Shadow Copies column, click on the
      Clean up... button.

Once done with the steps, see if your disk space has expanded.

If you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 26, 2019
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

Disk cleaning selection to free up space.

1. Disk cleaning selection to free up space. - Similar Threads - Disk cleaning selection

2. how to free up disk space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to free up disk space: how to free up disc space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-disk-space/85f569b4-cb7f-479a-ac1e-b07e10b7ce40
  3. Free Up Disk Space does not list Windows Update Cleanup even after Selecting Clean Up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Free Up Disk Space does not list Windows Update Cleanup even after Selecting Clean Up...: Hi My Windows 11 install on my Desktop PC never ever lists Windows Update Cleanup using Free Up Disk Space module even after selecting Clean Up System files. However I can use Dism.exe under a command window to carry out the task. Any reason why this would not be listed under...
  4. Free Up Disk Space does not list Windows Update Cleanup even after Selecting Clean Up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free Up Disk Space does not list Windows Update Cleanup even after Selecting Clean Up...: Hi My Windows 11 install on my Desktop PC never ever lists Windows Update Cleanup using Free Up Disk Space module even after selecting Clean Up System files. However I can use Dism.exe under a command window to carry out the task. Any reason why this would not be listed under...
  5. Free up disk space prompt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Free up disk space prompt: Hello I have got a doubt regarding this free up space prompt saying we can't update your device because of low disk space. I want to know that if I go through this prompt and select downloads folder and delete a file by pressing right click delete will the file go to recycle...
  6. Disk Clean-up Doesn't Free as Much Space as it Says

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Clean-up Doesn't Free as Much Space as it Says: I ran Disk Clean-Up which said it could free up around 5.8GB if I agreed to delete Windows Update leftovers. I agreed and it churned for a while then said it was done. I checked free space on C: and found it had freed up...around 1GB! Has anyone else noticed this sort of...
  7. Disk space isn’t freeing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk space isn’t freeing up: Ive had low disc space for two years now but i never got around to fixing it for some reason.I have been trying nonstop to free up disk space ive used disk cleanup ive tried to merge the disks but nothing works please please help i would appreciate it...
  8. Freeing up Disk Space??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freeing up Disk Space??: My computer is almost new with almost no programs added. I've also gone through and deleted some unwanted programs. Yet it won't let me add anything new because it says I don't have enough disk space. My sister thinks I may have a virus but I can't even install anti-virus...
  9. disk storage: freeing up space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk storage: freeing up space: Microsoft: In the change how free up space automatically, I had 3.08 GB of space freed up. But it dropped down to 3.06 GB. I managed to free up space and it went up to 3.07 but now, it dropped down to 2.73 GB. What happened there? Is it a bug or is that normal or what is...
  10. Disk cleanup selection in order to free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk cleanup selection in order to free space: Hi I need to free space on my C: drive because right now I have only 27 GB of free space. I would like to know : 1) Do you recommend to select "compress your OS drive" in the Disk Cleanup in order to free space, and what are the consequences of doing that? 2) Is it safe...