Windows 10: Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809

Discus and support Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has released Windows 10 October 2018 Update, or the version 1809 – following the Windows 10 April 2018 Update that released back in spring of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 8, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809

Microsoft has released Windows 10 October 2018 Update, or the version 1809 – following the Windows 10 April 2018 Update that released back in spring of 2018.

Windows 10 October 2018 Update comes with several new features and improvements to freshen up your PC experience. Microsoft’s latest update to the desktop OS adds a Your Phone app integration, new Cloud Clipboard and it looks like that the Windows 10 October 2018 Update also brings some improvements to Disk Cleanup utility tool.

Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 Disk-Cleanup.jpg

It appears that Microsoft has quietly updated the Disk Cleanup utility tool with a new option that would help you free up more space.

Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 Disk-Cleanup-downloads.jpg

The Disk Cleanup utility now comes with a new option “Download folder” and obviously the option is unchecked by default. If you don’t pay attention and select all options, the system will wipe your entire downloads folder.

Microsoft plans to deprecate Disk Cleanup in a future release

Microsoft recently confirmed that the company is planning to deprecate the classic Disk Cleanup tool in Windows 10 and it won’t receive any new features after the release of Windows 10 October 2018 Update.

Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 Storage-settings.jpg

The Disk Cleanup tool already has a successor called “Free up Space Now” that can be accessed from the Settings page. Free Up Space Now is a better solution and you can access it by launching the Settings app and navigating to System > Storage > Free Up Space Now”.

In Windows 10 October 2018 Update, the Storage Sense is getting better and it can now free up your space automatically by deleting the local cache of contents synced to OneDrive.

The post Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 8, 2018

2. Disk bloat in Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

Is it my imagination, or does the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update consume an additional 20-30GB of disk space over the previous Creators Update release? Unfortunately, I didn't log my disk usage before the upgrade, but now my C: drive has 56GB of stuff, and I know it wasn't anywhere near that full before. I've run "Disk Cleanup -> Clean up system files" and selected everything on the list, including remove previous version of Windows. I also emptied my Recycle Bin, my Temp folder, \Windows\Temp folder, and \Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download folder. Finally, I ran Wise Disk Cleaner to delete assorted application garbage.

Has anyone else noticed the bloat in Fall Creators Update?

Static~Charge, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Oct 8, 2018
  4. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Cleanup can now wipe your downloads folder in Windows 10 version 1809 - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup wipe

2. DISK CLEANUP WIPED out my entire "DOCUMENTS" FOLDER

in Windows 10 Support
    DISK CLEANUP WIPED out my entire "DOCUMENTS" FOLDER: I had no idea 'DISK CLEANUP" on my ROOT DISK would totally wipe my "DOCUMENTS" Folder and some extremely important files, all it left was a 'desktop'ini'. It did not touch my DOWNLOADS folder. Does anyone know why it would do this? Can I not trust it any more? AND why would...
  3. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders: Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download...
  4. Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Disk CleanUp wiped my entire Download folder: I ran disk clean up last night, and noticed that the Downloads folder were an option. On account that I’ve used this tool for decades, and that it says that it removes «unnecessary files», I thought that I would clean up some leftovers from various updates. But instead it...
  5. How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I undo disk cleanup? (downloads folder): A few days ago I performed disk cleanup and cleaned my downloads folder, as I had a lot of junk in there. However, I forgot that I had one important notepad document saved there, and I can't seem to recover it. I used a few different data recovery software and none of them...
  6. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195
  7. W10 version 1809 - Danger with Disk Cleanup!

in Windows 10 Customization
    W10 version 1809 - Danger with Disk Cleanup!: I honestly do not believe that adding the Download Folder contents to Disk Cleanup in version 1809 is a good idea. People have relied on Disk Cleanup for years to clean temporary files. Using it, most people will simply put a checkmark next to all items to be cleaned and...
  8. Windows 10 version 1809: pay attention to Disk Cleanup settings

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809: pay attention to Disk Cleanup settings: Disk Cleanup is a useful tool integrated in Windows that users may run to delete temporary files and old data to free up storage space. Microsoft revealed plans recently to deprecate the Disk Cleanup tool in favor of a similar feature integrated into the Settings app of the...
  9. How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now

in Windows 10 News
    How to download Windows 10 version 1809 right now: Microsoft plans to release Windows 10 version 1809 at the beginning of October 2018 to the public. While it is probably a good idea to wait at least a month before installation of the update on production machines, downloading and installing the update early is great for test...
  10. Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder: [ATTACH] Disk Cleanup Tool – The inbuilt tool that comes with Windows had always been used to reclaim space. It used to be handy even during regular usage or after Windows installation to delete those backup files. While the tool is [...] This post Disk Cleanup Tool &...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 disk clean wipe my download