Windows 10: Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

Discus and support Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hamed N, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Hamed N Win User

Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup

Trying to remove Windows Update Cleanup files either using Settings windows or Disk Cleanup, it displays 4 GB of occupied space by Windows Update Cleanup but I cannot remove it either way. I tried:Running Disk Cleanup as administrator,Running Disk Cleanup in SafeMode,Manual removal of SoftwareDistrubution folder,"cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535" command,but no success!

:)

Hamed N, Jun 4, 2021

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 4, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 4, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Disk Cleanup?

Hi RH14REY

There are no cons involved in using Disk Cleanup, with the possible exception of using it to remove a Windows.old folder before you have checked to make sure your system is stable after one of the bi-yearly updates to Windows 10

Disk Cleanup will only ever delete what is safe to delete and what is not required by your Windows System

You need to run Disk Cleanup twice for it to be effective

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk cleanup does not remove Windows Update Cleanup - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup does

2. Windows Server 2019 Disk Cleanup does not remove files from Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Server 2019 Disk Cleanup does not remove files from Windows Update Cleanup: Hi AllI have a problem where I am unable to delete 16Gb of the really needed space on my VPS from the Windows Update Cleanup. System is running under Windows Server 2019 Standard; Version 1809; OS build 17763.4499.I spent hours trying to fing a solution on the internet but...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup: I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that...
  5. Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup

Windows 11 Disk Cleanup will not Remove Windows Update Cleanup: I recently ran disk cleanup on Windows 11 Pro to clear about 2 gig of Windows Update files. This has always worked in the past, but, now, it acts like it's working except that the process moves much too quickly compared to how it used to work. If I run it again, it says that...
  6. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  7. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  8. Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: [ATTACH] The Disk Cleanup Utility is a handy built-in tool which can help to restore hard disk space. It can remove temporary files, old Windows files, Thumbnails, Delivery optimization files, Windows upgrade logs, and so on. Now if run the Disk Cleanup [...] This post Disk...
  9. does w10 disk cleanup remove windows updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    does w10 disk cleanup remove windows updates?: Hi does windows 10 disk cleanup remove windows updates? i updated windows 10 , i reboot and i run disk cleanup as administrator but in the list there is no entry about windows updates thanks 17032
  10. Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Update Cleanup missing in Disk Cleanup: Just got another update today, still having this issue. I used to have "Windows Update Files" or something along those lines whenever I ran disk cleanup after an update, but now that doesn't appear in the list. How far back would "the last few builds" be? "the last...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update cleanup cannot delete

2. disk cleanup did not remove windows update files