Windows 10: Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally

Discus and support Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I have done what could be one of the stupidest thing . I booted into safe mode in Windows 10 and started system cleanup and cleaned up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BenjaminKattula, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally

Hi all

I have done what could be one of the stupidest thing .

I booted into safe mode in Windows 10 and started system cleanup and cleaned up system files too . And then cancelled the cleanup halfway and rebooted to windows. Since then audio devices are nit working .no network .firewall got blocked and most of the sustes services stopped working .

Windows boots normally but the services won't work .

:)

BenjaminKattula, Oct 16, 2018

2. Freezes in login screen of Safe Mode. Works ok in normal mode

News: I have found that removing 2 (1 set) of the 4 sticks (8Gb total) of DDR, safe mode boots correctly. Checked also, that if I plug them again, safe mode won’t work. Then I have swapped sets, even mixing them with no luck. What bothers me is that these 4 sticks pass prime95 blend test in Windows normal mode (not safe mode).

The timings are auto and voltage to OCZ Reapers specs 2.1v. Tested also with specs timings entered by hand in BIOS (just in case). Do you have some suggestion? I have not changed them, they were working in safe mode as well as normal without issues even in games even OCed, and from Windows10 day one...This last Fall Creators Update has broken this, I think.

What can I do?

Darkbluesky, Oct 16, 2018
  3. rtb31 Win User
    Disk Cleanup-clean up system files- windows 10 not working

Tried all suggested fixes sfc, safe mode, etc. but nothing works.....AND I have the SAME problem on TWO DIFFERENT computers.....a Dell and a Lenovo. Disk Cleanup goes through all the steps, but does nothing to Cleanup the files it finds.

rtb31, Oct 16, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally

1. Disk cleanup from Safe Mode, Windows services won't work Normally - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup Safe

2. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  3. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode: It gets to the windows logo with the spinning dots and just stays there. Tried safe mode and it did the same thing.I've ran chkdsk and SFC in the recovery environment, found no problems with my windows drive.Leading up to this my pc was freezing when idle no BSOD just froze...
  4. Windows won't boot, normally or in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. disk cleanup in safe mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk cleanup in safe mode: Is it safe to run disk cleanup in safe mode?I have read on this community about someone who deleted system files with disk cleanup in safe mode and who had problems with some devices in his laptop.I ask it because the cleanup of my temp files does not succeed nothing removed...
  6. disk cleanup in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk cleanup in safe mode: Is it safe to run disk cleanup in safe mode?I have read on this community about someone who deleted system files with disk cleanup in safe mode and who had problems with some devices in his laptop.I ask it because the cleanup of my temp files does not succeed nothing removed...
  7. disk cleanup in safe mode

8. windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode: Installed the windows 11 successfully but there's black screen error i tried in safe mode it worked but in normal it didn't and after opening device manager it shows this...
  9. windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode

windows 11 not working no normal but working in safe mode: Installed the windows 11 successfully but there's black screen error i tried in safe mode it worked but in normal it didn't and after opening device manager it shows this...
  10. PC working in safe mode but not normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC working in safe mode but not normal: Hello everyone. So, my problem started like 2 weeks ago. While watching a youtube video my pc crashed and shut down, i try to boot it up and nothing. I open it up and remove all the cabels and put it back in and it was working normally for 3,4 days, after that it would...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. run disk cleanup in windows 7 safe mode