Windows 10: Disk Cleanup gets very slow on Windows Update step issue.

Discus and support Disk Cleanup gets very slow on Windows Update step issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't know how many people still use Disk Cleanup this very days. But to keep my sad 120GB SSD on my surface feels better, since I always put too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sean_Wolf, Dec 11, 2018.

1. Sean_Wolf Win User

Disk Cleanup gets very slow on Windows Update step issue.

I don't know how many people still use Disk Cleanup this very days.

But to keep my sad 120GB SSD on my surface feels better, since I always put too much stuffs in it, so I do use it.

And unfortunately I got this issue.

Whenever I use Disk Cleanup right after I completed update my Win10,

it gets very very slow down at step:Windows Update Cleanup.

It will take about 1 and half hours to finish.

I tried cancel it, but that will make the next computer Restart takes that long too, sometimes fail startup even.

Disk Cleanup gets very slow on Windows Update step issue. 467c4d67-7b67-4a71-bfb8-d3f3c02390f3?upload=true.jpg

I guess we may already get those needless update files deleted automatically by Windows Updater, right after they were installed.

But that confused Cleanup and make it slows down.

So that's my guess, just some user's guesses of someone knows nothing about programming.

I literally don't know how many users still use this old function.

But I think making the whole OS works coordinately and appropriately is kind of important, right?

Just wish reporting this problem will making the OS we're using gets better.

:)

Sean_Wolf, Dec 11, 2018

2. Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Dec 11, 2018
  3. Ian Ser Win User
    Disk Cleanup.

Hello,

There can be a lot of causes for the issue. Please clarify the information below so we could have a better understanding on what's the cause:

• Do you use an Admin account when using Disk Cleanup?
    • How many partitions are created on your computer?
    • Can you elaborate the steps you've done to delete the temporary internet files?
    After getting these information, we'll get back to you as soon as we can to troubleshoot the issue.

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Ian Ser, Dec 11, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Dec 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Cleanup gets very slow on Windows Update step issue. - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup gets

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"ran "Windows Update" troubelshooterdeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesran an SFC scansran DISM scansran disk cleanup in clean...
  5. Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup Stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: Windows CommunityUnable to clear 2.57 GB notice using Disk Cleanup, see figureI have attempted the following "fixes"Runs "Windows Update" troubelshooterDeleted the "SoftwareDistribution" filecleared %temp% filesrun an SFC scanrun a DISM scansrun disk cleanup in clean...
  6. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  7. Disk Cleanup issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup issue: Hello wise redditors, I reinstalled my Windows 10 and just finished installing all the usual stuff (Directx, etc) on it. Then i tried to cleanup the old installation files using Disk Cleanup but when i open it as Administrator, it does not appear. The task manager shows...
  8. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  9. Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is stuck on Windows Update Cleanup: [ATTACH] The Disk Cleanup Utility is a handy built-in tool which can help to restore hard disk space. It can remove temporary files, old Windows files, Thumbnails, Delivery optimization files, Windows upgrade logs, and so on. Now if run the Disk Cleanup [...] This post Disk...
  10. Disk Cleanup Issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup Issues: Having a major problem with Disk Cleanup. It shows that I have about 28GB in Temporary Internet Files, but running the program does not seem to get rid of these files. I've run it about 20 times, rebooted several times, tried CCleaner and CleanDisk, but nothing seems to work....