Windows 10: Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased!

Discus and support Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Another new problem since upgrading to Windows 10 last week... [img] The Downloads folder, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files always show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased!

Another new problem since upgrading to Windows 10 last week...

Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased! [​IMG]

The Downloads folder, Temporary Files and Temporary Internet Files always show the same memory data despite the fact that they are fully empty.

No matter how many times I try erasing these areas, they never go to 0 bytes.

Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased! [​IMG]

From settings, the same issue occurs. Exact same numbers. But everything is empty! This is obviously a bug. But I'd like to know whether this is fixable?

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 17, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2019
  4. Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased!

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased!

1. Disk Cleanup glitched at the same numbers and won't be fully erased! - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup glitched

2. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10: Disk Cleanup won't open on my Win 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086. This problem persisted even after several Windows Updates.After I click on Disk Cleanup, I can see it listed on task manager, but the app fails to open.Moreover, while it's trying to open, it causes loss...
  3. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10: Disk Cleanup won't open on my Win 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.3086. This problem persisted even after several Windows Updates.After I click on Disk Cleanup, I can see it listed on task manager, but the app fails to open.Moreover, while it's trying to open, it causes loss...
  4. Disk cleanup won't open on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.: Hi. I am using Windows 10 and trying to liberate disk space. When using the disk cleanup app and giving the ok to clean, it erases 5 GB from the total 100 GB to clean; I need to re-open and run it repeatedly to erase 5GB at a time. Do you know why disk cleanup doesn't erase...
  6. Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.: Hi. I am using Windows 10 and trying to liberate disk space. When using the disk cleanup app and giving the ok to clean, it erases 5 GB from the total 100 GB to clean; I need to re-open and run it repeatedly to erase 5GB at a time. Do you know why disk cleanup doesn't erase...
  7. Disk cleanup does not erase the totality of the files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Cleanup won't display system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup won't display system files: When I go to Disk Cleanup it will allow me to delete the files it displays, but when I click on "System Files" it changes immediately back to the desktop and I never get back into disk cleanup again to remove the Windows.old and Windows.old.000. Can I just delete the contents...
  9. Disk Cleanup won't display system files

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup won't display system files: When I go to Disk Cleanup it will allow me to delete the files it displays, but when I click on "System Files" it changes immediately back to the desktop and I never get back into disk cleanup again to remove the Windows.old and Windows.old.000. Can I just delete the contents...
  10. Disk Cleanup Won't Open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup Won't Open: Disk Cleanup opened once and after clicking 'Clean System Files' it closed. When I try to run it by clicking on it in the start menu noting happens. Any Ideas????? James...