Windows 10: disk cleanup GO AWAY

Discus and support disk cleanup GO AWAY in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; does anyone get the disk cleanup tool pop up on its own once a day around a certain time? it does for me and i cant work out why [img] 4336 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jamos316, Feb 23, 2015.

1. jamos316 Win User

disk cleanup GO AWAY

does anyone get the disk cleanup tool pop up on its own once a day around a certain time?
    it does for me and i cant work out why

disk cleanup GO AWAY [​IMG]

:)

jamos316, Feb 23, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Windows.old folder

If left untouched it will go away by itself after 10 days or you run Disk Cleanup and select 'Cleanup system files.'

BulldogXX, Feb 23, 2015
  3. cpmusic Win User
    don't want to install windows 10 yet

Where do I find the update files? I've done the disk cleanup thing but the files were still there when I finished. They won't go away!

cpmusic, Feb 23, 2015
  4. adamf Win User

disk cleanup GO AWAY

Do you have anything in task scheduler that corresponds with the time?

Here I mean:
    Attachment 13208

adamf, Feb 23, 2015
  5. jamos316 Win User
    have checked and nothing there that points to disk cleaner tool

jamos316, Feb 23, 2015
  6. adamf Win User
    If you can't see cleanmgr.exe under the actions tab of any of the scheduled tasks you could look for the last run time just in case you have some other task scheduled which then calls it. I don't know any other way it can be scheduled I'm afraid.

adamf, Feb 23, 2015
  7. You need to check Microsoft tasks listed bellow standard tasks.

TairikuOkami, Feb 24, 2015
  8. jamos316 Win User

disk cleanup GO AWAY

nothing here. i guess its possible that im accidentally nudging a key short cut

disk cleanup GO AWAY [​IMG]

jamos316, Feb 24, 2015
  9. I mean, click on the arrows to roll down the tree like in explorer, MS tasks are listed separately.
    I think, that Disc Cleanup might also listed under Maintenance or elsewhere, I always remove it.

TairikuOkami, Feb 24, 2015
  10. usasma Win User
    usasma, Feb 24, 2015
  11. gaz132 Win User
    posted in error sorry

task scheduler
    Microsoft
    windows
    diskcleanup

gaz132, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

disk cleanup GO AWAY

1. disk cleanup GO AWAY - Similar Threads - disk cleanup AWAY

2. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: Why does the Disk Cleanup still exist on Windows 10/Server 2022/11? Like no one uses it.sorry for selecting something differewnt on the sub-topics, it did not giive me the disk cleanup....
  3. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Cleanup: why won't Disk Cleanup delete the 3.2gb of temp files. when I try using the remove files in settings, they are shown as deleted but if I renter settings they reapear. why is that?...
  4. Disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk cleanup: Hi so I did my first disk clean up I think it’s called and in that included a downloads as well as other stuff. Could I have deleted something important or is it junk? submitted by /u/Mondo_dook65 [link] [comments]...
  5. disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk cleanup: disk cleanup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/4e0cc450-a69e-4f33-b684-2e2901f62732
  6. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cleanup: [ATTACH] is it common for disk cleanup to affect the computers performance last time i used it made me make a whole clean installation of windows 10 since it became very laggy i wonder if this new option will do me any better since i have 7gb of files that needs to be...
  7. DISK CLEANUP

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISK CLEANUP: Everytime I try to do Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 it always stalls when it hits "Windows Defender AntiVirus" I can never get it to complete what gives? HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup/a55ceefb-b2ff-4ef5-9107-07ff4e2a91bc"
  8. Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup: Hello Forum, Recently made system upgrade to version 1803. (Auto update still disabled). Opened the MS update catalog and downloaded almost all update files for this version (x64), read a little about each one and worked for 3 days to install them. When finished I saw that...
  9. Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10: Microsoft quietly announced that Disk Cleanup is now deprecated, news that was buried at the bottom of a blog post about Windows 10’s Storage Sense. Disk Cleanup isn’t going away immediately but is on its way out the door....
  10. Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup is Going Away in Windows 10: Didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Just ran across it from HTG. Microsoft quietly announced that Disk Cleanup is now deprecated, news that was buried at the bottom of a blog post about Windows 10’s Storage Sense. Disk Cleanup isn’t going away immediately but is on its way...