Windows 10: Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

Discus and support Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I know how to add custom entries in disk cleanup, but is their a way to delete a specific file not folder? 125176 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steven Campoli, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

I know how to add custom entries in disk cleanup, but is their a way to delete a specific file not folder?

:)

Steven Campoli, Jan 12, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jan 12, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    In Disk Cleanup, should I delete Thumbnails?

Hi Marcia

The correct way to run disk cleanup is explained below, you need to run it twice and yes, delete everything suggested by Disk Cleanup:

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Jan 12, 2019
  4. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

1. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup delete

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. Windows Disk Cleanup does not delete system files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Disk Cleanup does not delete system files.: Hi, I ran the Windows Disk Cleanup tool for at least 5 times I does not do anything. I still have all my systems files, with a 25Go of windows update ... I tried running it as "admin". I used the troubleshoot for updates 3 times. The option I found online are a bit...
  5. Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Cleanup: Windows Update Cleanup Files: Usually, whenever I clear system files in the disk cleanup utility, all of the Windows Update Cleanup stuff goes away. However, recently is has been persistently coming back, which is very annoying, The size of the files is consistently around 54 MB. See screenshot below....
  6. Win. 10 disk cleanup: How to delete temporary files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win. 10 disk cleanup: How to delete temporary files: hi all: I always wonder why is it that when it gets to like the 7th or 8th day, especially day 7, going to Storage and Temporary Files, I noticed the temporary files is there. It doesn't happen from day 1 to day 6. I have to clean it up. But it still appears in disk cleanup....
  7. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  8. Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup, how to delete specific file: I know how to add custom entries in disk cleanup, but is their a way to delete a specific file not folder? 125176
  9. Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup

Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup: Hi all. I have had 175mb of Temporary Files in Disk Cleanup for what seems like a few months now which will not seem to go following the routine disk cleanup action. I waited until the next major CU came and went which happened last night but it still says 175mb of...
  10. Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files

Disk cleanup: cannot delete temporary internet files: Disk clean-up shows 500MB of temporary internet files. I check the box to delete the temporary internet files, but it keeps showing 500MB, even after several trials and restarts. This happens on my PC, and also on 1 laptop. However on another laptop I have, the temporary...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable the disk cleanup on particular folder