Windows 10: Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense

Discus and support Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; But for some reason on my pc and laptop it won't lower the number on temp files when cleared much like the update logs in there. And Im not sure if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shulk-Narukami, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense

But for some reason on my pc and laptop it won't lower the number on temp files when cleared much like the update logs in there.

And Im not sure if this because I went into app data and typed in one note on there and deleted the file. And what the file was "cache" and it mentioned cortrana in the name.

Opening it in paint 3d was the icon for one note. And Im not sure if deleting that effected the temp file deletion on disk cleanup. Now if I want to clear them I have to go into storage, and use storage senses, which wipes them temp files and internet files out.

OR this could be a bug one time internet temps never reached 0 when I cleared them on both methods. And if was from deleting that image idk why this would cause this, unlike registry editor deletion this was just an image from the assets screen. Sorry for the long explanation on an issue im having. This could be a bug, I had a bug on my laptop when I cleared internet

My main question is would deleting the file in app data for one note cause this.

How I found it. Type in appdata one note and see if it shows up and open it in paint and see if cortana in the name. if so thats the one.

And Im not sure if its a bug or deleting that file causes this.

Current version for laptop: 1903

Current version for PC: I think its the current build of windows 10 h20 I think?

submitted by /u/Shulk-Narukami
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shulk-Narukami, Apr 13, 2021

2. Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem

Hello.

Recently, I had problems with Storage Sense/Disk Cleanup.

I tried to clean around 1.69GB of space by using Disk Cleanup. However, it didn't delete anything. It just skips all of them and didn't delete them.

Then I tried to use Storage Sense (i think both of them are the same) and got the same result.

You can see my situation in the GIF below (sorry the GIF is in Vietnamese):

Animated GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I tried sfc /scannow, DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth and even /startcomponentcleanup and all of them didn't work.

Any help with this situation would be appreciated.

Thanks.

iamdumdum1234, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Disk Cleanup after The anniversary update

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Disk Cleanup. I will certainly help you.

As per your query, I would like to inform you that, it is safe to delete all the files with extension .tmp in the temporary files folder.

I suggest you to try deleting the temporary file manually by the steps provided below and check if it helps:

• Go to Windows key+ R and type
      temp
    • Select all of the files and folders within the Temp folder and delete.

Please follow the below link to run disk cleanup:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-996f-99e02c7301c2/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Kindly update us on the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

Swetha Sree, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense

Shawn Brink, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense

1. Disk cleanup issue: Temp file won't go to 0 unless I use storage sense - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup issue

2. Disk/ Storage issue going full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk/ Storage issue going full: Please help, my disk went crazy couple hours ago. It was 736 GB free now its going full? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-storage-issue-going-full/cbd85e6f-3c31-478d-a48d-7204354f01a8
  3. Disk/ Storage issue going full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk/ Storage issue going full: Please help, my disk went crazy couple hours ago. It was 736 GB free now its going full? What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-storage-issue-going-full/cbd85e6f-3c31-478d-a48d-7204354f01a8
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  5. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  6. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Temp file cleanup trouble

Temp file cleanup trouble: Hi there. I'm trying to free up disc space by deleting temp files. My storage usage says I've got over 7 GB of temporary files, but when I click on it there's only a few MB available to be cleaned up. How would I find the remaining files and delete them?...
  8. Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem

Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem: Hello. Recently, I had problems with Storage Sense/Disk Cleanup. I tried to clean around 1.69GB of space by using Disk Cleanup. However, it didn't delete anything. It just skips all of them and didn't delete them. Then I tried to use Storage Sense i think both of them are...
  9. Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder

in Windows 10 News
    Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder: [ATTACH] Disk Cleanup Tool – The inbuilt tool that comes with Windows had always been used to reclaim space. It used to be handy even during regular usage or after Windows installation to delete those backup files. While the tool is [...] This post Disk Cleanup Tool &...
  10. disk cleanup GO AWAY

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    disk cleanup GO AWAY: does anyone get the disk cleanup tool pop up on its own once a day around a certain time? it does for me and i cant work out why [img] 4336