Windows 10: Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in...

Discus and support Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aryesh Biswas, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in...

Hey,

The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time to be displayed, please help.

Another thing is that when I am in power saver, my taskbar is a little transparent, that is normal because I have transparency on. But, the start menu is not transparent. When I disable and enable the taskbar transparency in battery saver mode, the taskbar goes completely transparent. This is weird. Any help is much appreciated.

:)

Aryesh Biswas, Sep 7, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Sep 7, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Sep 7, 2020
  4. CJustin Win User

Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in...

Disk cleanup not fully working on Windows 8.1

It seems that CleanMgr does not clean the disk properly.

Download WinDirStat to find out what is taking up space in your Disk.

Do not delete the files that think are not part of the system.

You may end up removing some of the important files that help the system to boot and operate.

If unsure, use these steps:

1. Click Settings > Click Control Panel > Administrative Tools.
    2. Click Disk Cleanup.
    3. At the Drives list, select which drive you want to run Disk Cleanup on.
    4. Select which files you want to delete.
    5. Click OK.
    6. Click Delete files.

CJustin, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in...

1. Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully transparent in... - Similar Threads - Disk cleanup msconfig

2. Windows Update Cleanup in Windows Disk Cleanup takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Update Cleanup in Windows Disk Cleanup takes a long time: Last time, it was taken 1 hour to cleanup Windows Update in Windows Disk Cleanup, what is best alternative to cleanup Windows Update in Windows Disk Cleanup? I am using Windows 10 version 1809 Enterprise LTSC 182697
  3. Fully Transparent Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fully Transparent Taskbar: When I turned off and on my transparency effects, my taskbar became fully transparent. Anyway to fix this? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fully-transparent-taskbar/8dbb748a-543d-4f03-93ce-89334b5885ca
  4. Display taking a lot of time to appear!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Display taking a lot of time to appear!: Hi friends. I need help. I recently purchased a PC with the original Windows 10 Pro. It was running smoothly until an update happened. The PC still runs very smoothly without any issues, but it is taking a lot of time for the display to appear. Once, it appears, everything is...
  5. *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  6. *EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully...

*EMERGENCY*Disk cleanup, msconfig takes a lot of time to display. Taskbar becomes fully...: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  7. Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.

Disk cleanup takes a lot of time to display.: Hey, The issue here is that when I open disk cleanup's option, Clean up system files, it takes a lot of time about 30 seconds to display the area where it calculates how much junk I can clean. This also happens with msconfig. When I open msconfig, it also takes a lot of time...
  8. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  9. Disk Cleanup takes long time to run

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup takes long time to run: Hello, I'm running Win 10 Pro v1903. Always, when I was launching Disk Cleanup, it was cleaning the disk in seconds. I've noticed recently that when I launch Disk Cleanup, it takes exactly 3min 56 sec (timed) to run while the elements to be cleaned are empty. Is there a...
  10. refresh takes a lot of time

refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......