Windows 10: Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Discus and support Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seankeith90, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

Hi,

I am using Disk cleanup tools to clean my PC once in a while. I found a problem while trying to clean my Download folder. As per the size stated in Disk Cleanup, my Download folder is empty 0kb. But in actual fact, there are still some big sizes folders in the Download folder.

How is it Disk cleanup not detecting these folders/files?

Thanks

:)

Seankeith90, Aug 19, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Files in disk cleanup

Hi Lynne

Rest assured, it is totally safe to delete everything suggested by the Disk Cleanup Process, please tun the Disk Cleanup twice as explained below, please remember to untick your Downloads folder if you actually store files in that folder . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Aug 19, 2019
  3. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 19, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Start Disk Cleanup again

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

DaveM121, Aug 19, 2019
Thema:

Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders

1. Disk Cleanup not deleting items in Download Folders - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup deleting

2. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  3. Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete in disk cleanup windows update cleanup: Hello all!I''ve a question, in pratically i do all the possible for trying to delete the "Windows Update cleanup" from my disk, but anything resolve the issue and still display that there are 1GB of cache of WUC, some fix to this mess? The last thing that i could do is do the...
  4. What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...

What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path...: What does the "Windows Update Cleanup" delete in disk cleanup and what is the folder path that it deletes can someone please tell me what files/ folder path does this action clean up just the windows update Cleanup thanks in advance...
  5. $windows.~bt folder will not delete and is not deleted by disk cleanup run as administrator.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    $windows.~bt folder will not delete and is not deleted by disk cleanup run as administrator.: The $windows.~bt folder has never been a problem but after an inplace upgrade to cure a failed update this week, the folder and 16 gigs of data would not delete! All the techs are telling me it is an essential part of the OS. But unless something changed in the terrible...
  6. Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will deleting "Downloads" in Disk Cleanup completely erase everything in my downloads folder?: Im wondering this because im trying to speed up my pc and i saw the "Downloads" on disk cleanup. I have alot of stuff in there and i dont want want to delete it because idk if it will make me have to reinstall EVERYTHING such as Steam....
  7. Deleted Items Folder.

Deleted Items Folder.: I have 4 Hotmail accounts signed in via the W.10 mail app. All were working fine. Now I find the 1st account I added has many emails going direct to Deleted items folder. I want these emails delivered direct to my Inbox folder. How do I correct the issue ? Thanks....
  8. Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deleted "Download" folder files in using disk cleanup: I'm not aware that in newer version of Windows 10 (i don't know in what particular update) that they included in Disk clean up the deletion of Download files. And now i can't recover anymore my files even using any recovery tools. I already downloaded many files in download...
  9. Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1803.17134 ) Disk Cleanup deleted the contents of my downloads folder: When running disk cleanup, when I included 'clean up system files' the last entry was 'downloaded files 79gb'. The description was activex controls and javaapplets temporarily stored in the downloads folder. I don't know why I thought there could possibly be that volume of...
  10. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is it safe to delete contents of software distribution folder in win 10