Windows 10: Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder

Discus and support Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Disk Cleanup Tool – The inbuilt tool that comes with Windows had always been used to reclaim space. It used to be handy even during regular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 9, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder

WinClub, Oct 9, 2018
  2. f14tomcat Win User

disk cleanup out of order?

If Edge is open, there will be a lot of locked files.

To delete files in the Temporary Internet Files folder (or cache) in Microsoft Edge, follow the steps below:

• Open your Microsoft Edge browser.
    • Click on the More Actions menu with three dots, then select Settings.
    • Below Clear Browsing Data, click Choose what to clear.
    • Select the data that you want to delete.
    • Click Clear.

Also, as an alternative to Disk Cleanup, try the command line version, as Admin:

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

f14tomcat, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    fall creators update Storage sense

Thanks for verifying. It is very unusual for the the storage sense to show incorrect calculations of disk space. We are suspecting that there are incorrect system file configurations that causes this one to happen. We recommend that you follow the steps
    provided below to scan for any damages on the system files and for the attempt to resolve this:

Method 1:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Let us know how it goes.

Nick Dich, Oct 9, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

disk cleanup

Hi joysoder, to properly and safely delete any files not required by your system, run Disk Cleanup twice as explained below. Each time select everything in the list and delete them. Disk Cleanup will not suggest deleting anything that is not safe to delete
    . . .

Open File Explorer

Click on your hard drive

On the Manage Tab, click Cleanup

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

Start Disk Cleanup again

Let Disk Cleanup do its initial scan

This time in the resulting dialog, click 'Cleanup System Files'

Let Disk Cleanup run another scan

Select Everything in the list and choose Delete

DaveM121, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Cleanup Tool & Storage Sense now offer to clear Downloads folder - Similar Threads - Disk Cleanup Tool

2. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  3. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Sense and Downloads folder: I was trying to free disk space, searched on Storage and got to Storage Sense. I clicked on an option about deleting files in the Downloads folder, expecting a more complete description or warning about what would happen next. But it deleted all files including files in...
  4. Storage Sense and Downloads folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I see what Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense suggest deleting in my Downloads folder?

How can I see what Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense suggest deleting in my Downloads folder?: OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 1809 64-bit build 17763.1554. Disk Cleanup & Storage Sense both report that 1.09 MB of data can be deleted in my Downloads folder. Neither of them allows me to browse or otherwise review what/which these files are. However, my actual Downloads...
  6. Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem

Disk Cleanup/Storage Sense problem: Hello. Recently, I had problems with Storage Sense/Disk Cleanup. I tried to clean around 1.69GB of space by using Disk Cleanup. However, it didn't delete anything. It just skips all of them and didn't delete them. Then I tried to use Storage Sense i think both of them are...
  7. Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder

Windows 10 Storage Sense does not clear Downloads folder: I want to delete my Downloads folder on a daily basis. Unfortunately Storage Sense does not do anything. I activated all relevant GPOs: [ATTACH] Taking a look into the Storage Sense settings everything is configured and looks fine: [ATTACH] I also took a look into the...
  8. Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup

Disk Cleanup not clearing Windows Update Cleanup: I have been trying to clear my windows update cleanup for a bit now. I followed this answer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-cleanup-dont-cleans-windows-update-cleanup/1ef71d60-64d5-4de0-ac98-fcb6834bcffa on this post. But it did not work for me. I...
  9. Microsoft will remove option to clear Downloads folder using Disk Cleanup

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft will remove option to clear Downloads folder using Disk Cleanup: Microsoft revealed recently that it will remove the Downloads option from the company's Disk Cleanup tool. Microsoft introduced the new option in Windows 10 version 1809. The company made the decision to make the option opt-in which means that users had to select it actively...
  10. Disk Cleanup - downloads folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup - downloads folder: Just noticed that 1809 disk cleanup now has downloads in the list - could cause problems if you're not paying attention. I'm used to blindly ticking all boxes... [img] 122195