Windows 10: Disk cloning and backup

Discus and support Disk cloning and backup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC with a 250 gb SSD. I also have an external 250 SSD. Is there software that will allow me to clone the internal drive to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fishfry12, Dec 22, 2020.

1. fishfry12 Win User

Disk cloning and backup

I have a Windows 10 PC with a 250 gb SSD. I also have an external 250 SSD. Is there software that will allow me to clone the internal drive to the external for disaster recovery and then have all future disk writes go to both drives so that they are always identical?

:)

fishfry12, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Nickylee1 Win User

Do window 10 offer a clone image feature for backup system?

Hi, oemSoft

I am sorry to tell you that there is no built-in clone feature in Windows 10. If you just create a system image backup, you can follow the steps below to create a system image in Windows 10.

Step 1. Open Control Panel, go to System and Security > File History, then click System Image Backup at the lower-left corner. Or you can directly type backup and restore in the search box and select it from the search result list.

Step 2. Connect the USB drive to your computer and select it as the destination path, then click Next.

Step 3. Confirm your backup settings and click Start Backup.

However, if you want to clone your system directly, you can choose a third-party software like AOMEI Backupper. This is a professional clone software that allows you to

clone system
    to different places such as external hard drive, USB drive or Network, etc. without booting problems. With it, you also can clone the entire disk to HDD or SSD.

Nickylee1, Dec 22, 2020
  3. MWLund Win User
    Cloned disk can't find recent backups

Windows 7.

My hard disk failed. Luckily I had made a clone a month ago, which booted fine.

Unfortunately it can only find the daily backups that were created

before the clone was made.

The backups are on a separate internal drive, but as I say, Windows will only

show the backups that were made before the C drive clone was made.

Help!

thanks

mark

MWLund, Dec 22, 2020
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Disk cloning and backup

Cannot clone original install

Are you dragging and dropping the partitions? The destination drive should be unallocated (clean). Then you click on Clone this disk under the source disk you want to make the clone of. Then you click on Select the disk to clone to in the bottom pane of the next window. Then you click on the destination drive that you want to clone to. Then you drag and drop the partitions you want to clone from the top (source drive) pane to the unallocated space on the bottom (destination drive) pane. You can click on the dropped partitions in the bottom pane and select partition properties to resize the partition when it is cloned. Once you get the destination drive looking the way you want to, click on finish.

Step 1: select Clone this disk under the source disk:

Disk cloning and backup [​IMG]

Step 2: Select destination disk

Step 3: Drag and drop partitions

Step 4: Select partition and select cloned partition properties to change the size

Step 5: Everything in desired place and desired size, click Finish

NavyLCDR, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

Disk cloning and backup

1. Disk cloning and backup - Similar Threads - Disk cloning backup

2. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?: I have this particular problem trying to clone/move my Windows to another, bigger hard drive.The problem is that when trying to restore saved image backup to the new drive there is such message:Interestingly, if I first install new Windows on that drive, then create image and...
  3. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?: I have this particular problem trying to clone/move my Windows to another, bigger hard drive.The problem is that when trying to restore saved image backup to the new drive there is such message:Interestingly, if I first install new Windows on that drive, then create image and...
  4. Can Windows system image backup be used to clone the disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Disk Cloning Nightmare

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Cloning Nightmare: I just got a new 1TB SSD so I can replace my absolutely terrible 1TB HDD. Completely starting over on a fresh install of Windows is kind of my last resort, so I’ve been trying to clone everything over. However, because my HDD is 3-4 years old and has done more than enough of...
  6. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  7. Disk Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Backup: I have a neighbor whos PC needs upgrading. Inside is an older HDD and I want to clone everything over to a new SSD. I have an external enclosure for the drive to connect via USB, but it only has one slot so I have no way of connecting both the SSD and the HDD to my desktop at...
  8. Disk Image/Clone

Disk Image/Clone: Hello, I am looking for an easy to use disk image / Clone software. I deploy about 2-3 systems per week, all which have the same configuration. FileMaker, HyperTerminal, MS Office, printer drivers and a few other apps. Does anyone have any recommendations for a software...
  9. Disk cloning

Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...
  10. Cloned Disk will not boot !!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cloned Disk will not boot !!: Hi everyone I have been given two brand new SATA 2TB disks. One I have used in a hard disk dock - and have used this for additional data back up etc. Works OK The other I decided to use to replace my noisy C Drive. I cloned the disk to the new one, only to find that the...