Windows 10: Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?

Discus and support Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I'm currently posting this from a relatively high end laptop with three SSDs in it. I know how to clone hard drives and have done so for years. As a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cgilley, Jun 20, 2020.

1. cgilley Win User

Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?

I'm currently posting this from a relatively high end laptop with three SSDs in it. I know how to clone hard drives and have done so for years. As a consultant, I went out and bought a SATA cloning port and would image my boot drives all day long. I simply cannot tolerate the time to reinstall Windows and all other applications.

The laptop I have now comes from the OEM with UEFI off. Their words: it's not worth the trouble. I agree.

So, since I have not found yet a NVMe physical clone tool, I have my backup NVMe in a USB-C chassis. Recommendations for cloning software? All I want to do is clone to the new device and swap it as the boot drive.

:)

cgilley, Jun 20, 2020

2. Clone present nvme pcie ssd to replacement nvme pcie ssd?

I have a 500GB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe SSD (boot drive) that I want to replace with a higher capacity M.2 card.

Where do I put the new SSD during the NVMe to NVMe cloning process? My mobo only has one M.2 slot for NVMe SSD's so do I want to use an external adapter for one of the M.2 cards? If so, do you have a recommendation?

If you have solved this issue for your desktop or laptop I would like your advice on if and what extra hardware you needed during the cloning.

please remember that I am dealing with PCIe NVMe drives ONLY. NO Sata is involved except possibly for a connecting cable from the desktop to an adapter. I am experienced with cloning SATA III drives but cloning NVMe is a little
    new to me.

Computer: Dell XPS 8920, 32GB ram.

Present SSD: KXG50ZNV512G NVMe Toshiba 512GB

New SSD: CT13049074 Crucial P1 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD 1TB (or 2TB if available soon) or similar storage device.

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations, version 1809.

Cbarnhorst, Jun 20, 2020
  3. cloneing a drive in windows 10

Hi,I have this question last year,but my os is windows 8.there are my steps of

How to clone drive in winodws

,you can check.hope that helps

First,I download a free tool of MiniTool partition wizard and launch it.

Step 1. Connect SSD to Windows 8. Install and launch MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition, select the source hard drive and then choose “Copy

Step 2. Select a disk to copy the source disk. Here you are expected to choose the SSD (we choose disk 3).

Note: All the data on SSD will be destroyed, so make sure you have done backup in advance. You are allowed to clone a hard drive to a smaller SSD, as long as it can hold all data in the source disk. You can also clone SSD to larger SSD by using MiniTool
    Partition Wizard Free Edition.

Step 3. Review the changes you are going to make and also change the copy options if necessary.

Step 4. MiniTool Partition Wizard will tell you how to boot from the destination hard drive. So if you are cloning boot drive to SSD, you need to pay attention.

Step 5. When you are lead to the main interface again, you can preview the changes you are going to make from the middle pane. (Here disk 3 has the same disk layout with disk 1.) If you confirm these
    changes, you should click “Apply” to make the changes effective. Hope that helps

Areil.Bart, Jun 20, 2020
  4. adcx64 Win User

Bootable Hard drive cloning disk recommendations.

Hey guys,
    I'm looking for a bootable software I can burn on a disk to fully clone a hard drive. I have a 500 GB drive with two partitions and I want to clone both to a 160 GB drive so I can use the 500 in a different computer. I need the 160 to be bootable as it would become the new boot drive in the computer.

adcx64, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software? - Similar Threads - Disk cloning NVMe

2. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...
  3. PRoblems cloning an NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PRoblems cloning an NVMe: I asked about this on Bleeping Computer two days ago, but didn't get a reply.I'm trying to clone a 250GB NVMe boot to a 2TB NVMe. I've done this successfully four times before, but I.m having problems this time, The other times I used a fresh new drive, this time I'm trying...
  4. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  5. Is a NVME Enclosure Required For Cloning?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is a NVME Enclosure Required For Cloning?: I will be cloning my 2.5 inch samsung ssd that is in my dell xps 15 9550 into a new 1tb samsung 970 evo NVME ssd. I decided I will buy that ssd as oppose to the sk hynix. I know samsung has that migration software which works great for cloning. So i will use that as oppose to...
  6. Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?: I'm currently posting this from a relatively high end laptop with three SSDs in it. I know how to clone hard drives and have done so for years. As a consultant, I went out and bought a SATA cloning port and would image my boot drives all day long. I simply cannot tolerate the...
  7. SATA SSD-> NVMe clone exercise - post-clone difficulties

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    SATA SSD-> NVMe clone exercise - post-clone difficulties: Hey All, (this thread has been raised on HP forums under: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Deskto...m/td-p/7340240 I also raised separate thread here: Windows 10 restarts to black screen after SSD clone) I decided to move off SATA SSD (Samsung 850 Pro) to NVMe SSA (SAMSUNG...
  8. Clone software

Clone software: I intend to clone my c drive, but I don't know which and where to download clone software to use. Any good and freeware clone software to recommendation ? 146263
  9. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...
  10. Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?

Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?: Would appreciate your help! *Confused Have a Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop (one morning the laptop with Windows 7 upgraded itself to Windows 10). Would like to use Macrium Reflect Free to create an image of its hard drive. Have no clue whether I need an image or whether I...