Windows 10: Disk cloning

Discus and support Disk cloning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by johnes39, Sep 26, 2019.

1. johnes39 Win User

Disk cloning

How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2?

My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work.

Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media

Contains SSD Drive C:\ with Operating System and user installed programs

Replacement Computer 2: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 2 with Windows 10 installation media

Contains SSD Drive C:\ with Operating System and pre-packaged programs

Backup External Hard Drive H:\

Connect External Hard Drive H:\ to Existing Computer 1; Run Windows 7 Backup program to save a 'system image backup' to External Hard Drive H:\

Connect External Hard Drive H:\ to Replacement Computer 2

Insert USB flash drive 2 to Replacement Computer 2

Boot Replacement Computer 2 with USB flash drive 2

In Advanced options select option 'System Image Recovery' and select the 'system image backup' on External Hard Drive H:\

After the restore is complete my understanding will be the following:

Replacement Computer 2 Drive C:\ will now be an exact clone of Existing Computer 1 Drive C:\ including all Windows system files and registry and all user programs; there will be no need to install and configure user programs.

Thanks much for a review and comments about the above scenario.

:)

johnes39, Sep 26, 2019

2. Cloning a Hard Disk

Hi Dav,

Cloning a hard drive is way of transferring data from one hard disk to another drive to make the destination disk contain exactly the same data. You may also find additional information in this
    article.

For an in-depth assistance on how to proceed with the process, we suggest that you post your query/concern on the
    TechNet forum. This forum is a
    community that is mainly composed of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Sep 26, 2019
  4. hfffoman Win User

Disk cloning

start menu doesn't work on OS cloned with Aomei

Thanks. I did this and it worked exactly as suggested. Problem solved.

hfffoman, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

Disk cloning

1. Disk cloning - Similar Threads - Disk cloning

2. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  3. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive: I am looking for disk cloning software, and I'm shocked at how hard it is to learn anything about the available products. My situation: * I have an old Samsung 256GB 845DC EVO SSD. This is a Windows 10 boot disk. * I want to replace it with a new Samsung 512GB 870 EVO SSD. *...
  4. Seeking disk cloning software for Windows 10 SSD boot drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....
  6. Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...

Why won't my Cloned disk show up in the Booting priority options while original options are...: I need help with cloning.I have a Dell G3 15 3590 with 2 Physical Disks - M2 PCI 128 GB and a SATA 1 TB. Both GPTMy OS is installed on the 128GB drive and is filling up causing my overall performance to slow down. I tried cloning the 128GB onto the 1TB using Macrium Reflect....
  7. Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting: I have two questions which are as follows:-1. How best to make disk partition layout changes on the windows disk as the EFI size in particular looks too small.2. How to clone a windows image system from one disk to another disk on a windows dual boot system with a UEFI BIOS....
  8. Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting

Windows 11 GPT Disk Layout Changes & Method For Cloning Of A Windows System When Dual Booting: I have two questions which are as follows:-1. How best to make disk partition layout changes on the windows disk as the EFI size in particular looks too small.2. How to clone a windows image system from one disk to another disk on a windows dual boot system with a UEFI BIOS....
  9. no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows: i cloned windows on a new ssd and for the most part things went ok but there are 2 issues im having.1. it created local isk G in myfiles and i am unable to access it, it prompts me to check its security settings however. when going to properties there is no security tab. it...
  10. no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows

no permissions for Local Disk G: drive after cloning windows: i cloned windows on a new ssd and for the most part things went ok but there are 2 issues im having.1. it created local isk G in myfiles and i am unable to access it, it prompts me to check its security settings however. when going to properties there is no security tab. it...