Windows 10: Disk cloning

Discus and support Disk cloning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by carmenl_0747, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Disk cloning

I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the HDD to the new SDD, is this possible? This way I don't have to reinstall everything. Instead of using Disk Clone is there a better alternative? Thanks.

:)

carmenl_0747, Nov 30, 2020

2. Cloning a Hard Disk

Hi Dav,

Cloning a hard drive is way of transferring data from one hard disk to another drive to make the destination disk contain exactly the same data. You may also find additional information in this
    article.

For an in-depth assistance on how to proceed with the process, we suggest that you post your query/concern on the
    TechNet forum. This forum is a
    community that is mainly composed of IT professionals who can cater to the complexity of your concern.

Regards.

Michael Gall, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Compumind, Nov 30, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Disk cloning

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Disk cloning

1. Disk cloning - Similar Threads - Disk cloning

2. I want to copy/clone E to C. The SSD is disk 0, the HDD with all my files is disk 1

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to copy/clone E to C. The SSD is disk 0, the HDD with all my files is disk 1: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/EasternCoffeeCove [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1b5bh/i_want_to_copyclone_e_to_c_the_ssd_is_disk_0_the/
  3. Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clone Boot disk ( Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250 GB) to Samsung 970 EVO PLUS: I would like to clone my boot drive(Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250) to a new Samsung 970 EVO PLUS NVMe M.2 1TB Hard drive. The SSD 850 is in Legacy in the BIOS under Storage boot option control. I want the new M.2 drive to be the new Boot drive. My understanding is that I must...
  4. Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium V7 unable to clone / image Disk with xfs (Linux) partitions: Hi folks seems latest version of Macrium free V7 won't clone or image physical (i.e not VM) Linux disks / partitions containing xfs formatted partitions. No probs with ext2/3/4 though. Not sure if this has always been the case because I used to use ext4 file systems on...
  5. Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade

Trouble with disk clone/HDD to SSD upgrade: So, I've got an HP laptop that is only less than two years old and it was never fast. Before replacing the thing outright I thought I would try to swap out the spinning rust for an SSD and see if that helped. Here are some basic specs and details of what I've done. It's a...
  6. Disk Cloning Nightmare

Disk Cloning Nightmare: I just got a new 1TB SSD so I can replace my absolutely terrible 1TB HDD. Completely starting over on a fresh install of Windows is kind of my last resort, so I’ve been trying to clone everything over. However, because my HDD is 3-4 years old and has done more than enough of...
  7. Disk cloning and backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning and backup: I have a Windows 10 PC with a 250 gb SSD. I also have an external 250 SSD. Is there software that will allow me to clone the internal drive to the external for disaster recovery and then have all future disk writes go to both drives so that they are always identical?...
  8. Going to clone, but disk was GPT, so I switched to MBR old motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Going to clone, but disk was GPT, so I switched to MBR old motherboard: Used diskpart, list part, select disk, clean, then convert mbr I was thinking clone wont work if disk is set to GPT and board supports only mbr right? - - - Updated - - - Samsung data migration software quits! while cloning, say it was interrupted by an unknown reason in...
  9. Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size

Macrium reflect. Disk cloning. Incompatible sector size: [ATTACH] Got an SSD as a gift. Now I'm trying to clone my Win10 from my old HDD to the SSD with Macrium Refelect but this happened. Any work around for this? Or any other cloning software I can use? Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks! ^^...
  10. disk cloning failed to write bad sector

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    disk cloning failed to write bad sector: I got a new Samsung 970EVO NVMe M.2 SSD and I have been trying to clone my system over to it. I have used softwares like Macrium Reflect and easeus but they all end up giving me a "failed to write bad sector"message. I have an Asus UX501V Notebook and my installed SSD is a...