Windows 10: Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies

Discus and support Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Trying to copy from one floppy disk to another floppy disk. I need to make copies for MIDI Program Files. I have read that Win 10 has dropped the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PatrickTS, Apr 23, 2020.

1. PatrickTS Win User

Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies

Trying to copy from one floppy disk to another floppy disk. I need to make copies for MIDI Program Files. I have read that Win 10 has dropped the Diskcopy command from the Dos Shell. How can I make copies now? Are their alternative or work-arounds for this Command?

Patrick

:)

PatrickTS, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Floppy disk controller which will not function in Windows 10

Hi Bob,

This issue may occur due to compatibility issues. Normally, if the new drive was reformatted, it gets a drive letter automatically and you do not need to take any further actions. Regarding the floppy-disk controller concern, please answer the following:

• How did you install the floppy-disk controller on your device?
    • Have you tried downloading the latest driver for the floppy-disk controller on its manufacturer's website?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the built-in hardware and devices troubleshooter in Windows 10. To do this, refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +X and select Control Panel.
    • Change the View by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Choose Troubleshooting and click on the View all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Restart your computer.

Please post back with the status of the issue, we'll be glad to assist you further.

Joan Pin, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Floppy Disk Drive (ADisk Copy Command for use with Floppies :)

Hi Penny,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

We are really sorry to say that the Floppy Disk Drive has no compatibility with Windows and there is no support to floppy disk drives.

For further more clarifications I would suggest you to check/Contact with the manufacturer.

keep us posted if you are facing any other issue with Windows.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies

Retrieving info from old floppy disks

Thanks for your suggestions. I am stuck in that the floppy disk drive is not showing up in disk management. Any idea why? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

LeslieAM60, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies

1. Disk Copy Command for use with Floppies - Similar Threads - Disk Copy Command

2. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  3. How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to use floppy disk reader in WIN 10: How can I get my laptop to recognize my floppy disk reader on my LENOVO with WIN 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-floppy-disk-reader-in-win-10/09cb03eb-e901-4765-8d4b-b6faa3ad7ea4
  4. Floppy Disk Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Floppy Disk Problem: I have a Windows 7 64 bit system that I still use two external floppy disk drives to store some data. I figure if the disks ever get stolen, no one has the old drives to read them! Plus, I got a gross of disks when they were being discontinued for nothing. Ha! Anyway, I've...
  5. Floppy Disk Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Floppy Disk Problem: I have a Windows 7 64 bit system that I still use two external floppy disk drives to store some data. I figure if the disks ever get stolen, no one has the old drives to read them! Plus, I got a gross of disks when they were being discontinued for nothing. Ha! Anyway, I've...
  6. Why are my floppy disk unreadable when using my Chuanganzhup floppy disk drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my floppy disk unreadable when using my Chuanganzhup floppy disk drive?: I bought a Chuanganzhuo floppy disk drive to read my old floppy disks. None of them can be read or formatted. I am sure that they are not ALL corrupt. Why can't they be read?...
  7. Floppy Disk

Floppy Disk: Window 10 does not recognized the floppy disk when a disk is inserted. Is there an update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/floppy-disk/fde13a9a-d820-4fe5-b508-5b03d022ba1e
  8. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  9. Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(

in Windows 10 News
    Computer without a floppy disk drive indicates a floppy disk error :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...
  10. Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(

Computer without a floppy disk drive that indicates a floppy disk drive? :-(: Hello all I have Lenovo Thinkcentre desktop computer with Windows 10 (build 1809) up to date! The computer works very well and does not have a floppy disk, never have and will never have because no port is provided on the motherboard for this! Yet in the "Device Manager",...