Windows 10: disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

Discus and support disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I had a hard disk crash on my windows drive so I replaced the hard drive and installed windows pro from the thumb drive I had, but I do not have my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MichaelDavies0013, Jan 31, 2023.

1. disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

I had a hard disk crash on my windows drive so I replaced the hard drive and installed windows pro from the thumb drive I had, but I do not have my windows key. Can you please provide it.

:)

MichaelDavies0013, Jan 31, 2023
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 31, 2023
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 31, 2023
  4. disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

1. disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build - Similar Threads - disk crash resulting

2. disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build: I had a hard disk crash on my windows drive so I replaced the hard drive and installed windows pro from the thumb drive I had, but I do not have my windows key. Can you please provide it....
  3. disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disk crash resulting in rebuild of window. Need my key from the original build: I had a hard disk crash on my windows drive so I replaced the hard drive and installed windows pro from the thumb drive I had, but I do not have my windows key. Can you please provide it....
  4. Why is my original window crashing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my original window crashing?: Please give any solution why my parent window is crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-original-window-crashing/db00ac30-a36f-40ac-a852-247410ecce40
  5. No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index

in Cortana
    No Index Results After Windows Update and a Rebuild of the Index: After the most recent Windows update done on 12 August 2020, Windows Indexing doesn't work--it produces no results for any search word or search string. Even after going through the "rebuild" process there are no results. The lncluded Locations remain the same as before,...
  6. PC rebuild and Windows key code

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    PC rebuild and Windows key code: My PC was upgraded from W7 to W10 about a year ago over the internet for free. The PC has now failed and needs a new mother brd and processor etc but will retain the HDs. The repairer has told me that he needs the key code to reactivate W10 in the new set up or he will charge...
  7. Getting my original product key from Microsoft

Getting my original product key from Microsoft: My computer was “fried” after a power surge along with my “C-Drive”. I lost my certified copy of Windows 10 Pro which I upgraded from the internet years ago (when it first came online free). I’ve tried every way possible to retrieve the key from my backup without success....
  8. Original Key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Original Key: Purchases a 2nd hand laptop which had originally a windows 7 and upgraded into windows 10. The laptop has the product key of Windows 7, can I use the same key to format the laptop and install windows 10 again?...
  9. Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus

Remove Original Key and Original Edition from ShowKeyPlus: I recently downgraded my system from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home Single Language. I used the default product key to upgrade from Home to Pro. How do I remove that from my system? 84413
  10. Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240)

Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240): Hi everyone, After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows 10 build (Version 10.0 or build 10240). I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update...