Windows 10: Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Discus and support Disk D and E suddenly disappeared in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NurAshwad, Feb 14, 2021.

1. NurAshwad Win User

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop disappeared. All of these are shortcuts to files in drive E or D. This PC shows that only drive C is attached. drive D and E is gone. How do I make both of these appear again?

:)

NurAshwad, Feb 14, 2021
  2. Manosman Win User

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared [​IMG]

Manosman, Feb 14, 2021
  3. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Hello,

I opened my laptop today to find that both of my drives (DDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) and (EDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) are suddenly gone. (DDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) had had around 800 GB on (DDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) and most of my games. I tried to do system restore (and even created one about a month ago) but it disappeared too. I have
    updated drivers and restarted my computer but it is still not there. When I see protection settings in system protection, it says that both (DDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) and (EDisk D and E suddenly disappeared :) are missing. I have also tried to go to device management and see if they were there but it only says
    disk 0 (which is C: drive, RE tools and disk 0 partition 1). Is there a way to bring them back? Thank you.

Max203_727, Feb 14, 2021
  4. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Ok i tried all the steps to this but neither disk D: or E: appeared. Only C: is still there. Thanks though.

Max203_727, Feb 14, 2021
Thema:

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

1. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared - Similar Threads - Disk suddenly disappeared

2. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  3. D Drive suddenly disappears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D Drive suddenly disappears: I have C Drive and D Drive in my laptop. I bought with both harddisks installed.Earlier this year, I updated my laptop to Windows 11, and it was the start of all problems, including a series of BSODs.Today I got the BSOD with the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION, and after...
  4. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  5. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  6. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared: Hey everyone, it seems I run to some sort of a sudden problem. I'd appreciate your help! So, after some sort of Windows 10 crash, I had to restart my PC. However, I randomly noticed that my D: drive is missing! I have two drives, the C: drive which has all the drivers as...
  8. My partitions E and D disappeared!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My partitions E and D disappeared!: hi guys yesterday I was looking at my files and noticed that partition E and D were gone. I thought they didn't load properly so I just restarted my laptop. Still nothing. I checked the disk management and nothing they were not even hidden or unlocated. [ATTACH] I have...
  9. Disk Drive (E:) disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Drive (E:) disappeared: So when my 900 gigabyte disk (E:) wasn't being used, I went to create a storage pool, thinking that would work, and now it gave and error saying "Can't create the pool, check the dive connections and then try again. 0x00000032. But now I can't find the disk anywhere and was...
  10. Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!

Hard Drive Disks D: and E: suddenly dissapeared!: Hello, I opened my laptop today to find that both of my drives (D:) and (E:) are suddenly gone. (D:) had had around 800 GB on (D:) and most of my games. I tried to do system restore (and even created one about a month ago) but it disappeared too. I have updated...