Windows 10: Disk D files disappear

Discus and support Disk D files disappear in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a few days upgrade my disk d mostly files disappeared, and some files 0 bytes, i can’t find right solution and disk d free spaces changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NomintuulMunkhbat, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Disk D files disappear

After a few days upgrade my disk d mostly files disappeared, and some files 0 bytes, i can’t find right solution and disk d free spaces changed 32gb-260gb. Disk d has so many important, unique files, example my student works, university files etc. I don’t know why this happen? Help me.

:)

NomintuulMunkhbat, Jan 31, 2021
  2. KR1021 Win User

D Drive Disappeared

My D Drive just disappeared. Using Windows 10. anyone have any suggestions on how to find my disk?

I am a college student and need my drive quickly

KR1021, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Manosman Win User
    D: Drive Suddenly Disappeared

I have seen this command before, though I've never used it much, other than to list the disks. I indeed only have 1 2TB drive. However, it's gone again. And even though I tried to list the disks, only C: appeared.

I'll try to open the box tomorrow and see if I can make it appear again.

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did a diskpart and then I was able to use the drive again, format it and it's now the same way I bought it (software-wise at least). I also made sure all drivers were up to date (just in case).

However, when it comes to Western Digital's disk test, it still fails for the same reasons. The disk is currently empty, so it's indeed a hardware problem. The cables are all good, so it's the drive itself I guess.

Any other suggestions maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

So, I did got no different results from the test, but I saw this. It seems this is the only fail it gives in this results window.

Disk D files disappear [​IMG]

Manosman, Jan 31, 2021
  4. RRR222 Win User

Disk D files disappear

My disk (D) that had 2TB has disappeared

My disk (D) that had 2TB has disappeared, I cannot locate my DDisk in computer management/disk management.

anyone knows how to fix???

RRR222, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Disk D files disappear

1. Disk D files disappear - Similar Threads - Disk files disappear

2. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  3. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  4. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Disk D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk D: So basically I want to erase all the data "I" Added in disk d windows 10 is installed in Disk C How do i delete all the data "I" Added in disk d Thank you have a great day https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-d/d6e106e0-e34c-44b6-a789-bc8771e6957c
  6. D disk disappeared, healthy partition

D disk disappeared, healthy partition: Hello, for some reason today mi D disk simply disappeared (disk 0). As you can see in the screenshots I can't change the name, it's a healthy partition, and I also tried refreshing and everything, still nothing. It shows as a normal disk in "disk management" but not in "This...
  7. Disk D and E suddenly disappeared

Disk D and E suddenly disappeared: Yesterday I shut down and update my computer. After the update finishes and it shut down, my brother pulled the wifi cable from the computer and used it for his laptop. after reattaching the said wifi cable to the computer and launching it, some shortcuts at desktop...
  8. partition D of my hard disk disappeared

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    partition D of my hard disk disappeared: and it become named partition E and some files of old partition E become inseted in it. OLd partition E become partition F. I downloaded lots of tv tuner software and programs from net to find correct tv tuner software. but there s now corruption and i dont know what to do...
  9. Difficulties with backup files on disk D

Difficulties with backup files on disk D: I want to create file history on external drive and use Windows 10 Backup to do it. I tried to back up files and folders from both disk D and disk C. However I was able to restore files only from disk C. Files and folders from D are not showing using Restore option...
  10. Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.

Files and apps have disappeared from my D Disk.: Hello, a few days ago I noticed that some one the apps and games on my desktop have turned into a white blank file and when I tried to open them it told me that the shortcut for it has been moved or deleted, which I didn't do, but for other apps it also told me that it is...