Windows 10: Disk "D" not intialized

Discus and support Disk "D" not intialized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ryder Ramos, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Disk "D" not intialized

Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is get an error message saying " Virtual Disk Manager: A device which does not exist was specified". I tried everything I could think of. Looking up my problem onlinebut all I got was drive inaccessible, uninstalling my drive, and re-installing it, used command prompt, but nothing seems to work. Please can somebody help me

:)

Ryder Ramos, Jun 23, 2022

2. Unable to intialize Hard Disk

here is a clearer picture

Disk "D" not intialized [​IMG]
    and
    Disk "D" not intialized [​IMG]

Takemi Shino, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Disk "D" not intialized

I just want to intializing an existing disk

Hi.

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

Let us restart the computer in windows clean mode and try to open the Disk Management.

Refer to the article below to start the computer in Clean Boot. (The suggestions in the article also applies to windows 10 as well)

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Disclaimer: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps from section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after clean boot troubleshooting” to reset the computer to start as usual.

I hope the above suggestion helps. If you need further assistance, get back to us and we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harsha Rasquinha, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

Disk "D" not intialized

1. Disk "D" not intialized - Similar Threads - Disk intialized

2. Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa

in Windows 10 News
    Convert a VirtualBox Fixed Disk to a Dynamic or vice versa: [IMG]When creating a virtual machine, you are asked to select a disk type, you can either go for Fixed Disk or Dynamic Disk. What if you went for a Fixed Disk and later on realized that you need a dynamic one, or vice-versa? Well! You can convert one into another. In this...
  3. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  4. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...: I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. It contains my important files and I want to recover it. I recreated a new Disk D change unallocated to Disk D, but it didn't work. What should I do?...
  5. I accidentally deleted Disk D and made it unallocated. I want to recover it. I recreated a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  7. Disk "D" not intialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk "D" not intialized: Earlier, I got a blue screen. Though nothing of it till I found that my D drive was missing. I looked up how to find it online and I eventually did. But now, when I go to Disk Management, one of my drives is "unknown: not initialized" and when I try to go to initialize it is...
  8. Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant intialize disk. fatal device hardware error: [img] what does this mean 60680
  9. Windows 10 Seeing old HDD as Intel Raid 0, cannot intialize disk

Windows 10 Seeing old HDD as Intel Raid 0, cannot intialize disk: Hi everyone, i have one headache of a problem which im hoping someone can help me out with. also sorry if this is in the wrong category. Many months ago i had two WD Cavier Blue 1TB 7200RPM hard drives installed in my old computer as RAID 0. Everything worked perfect no...
  10. Unable to intialize Hard Disk

Unable to intialize Hard Disk: My Hard disk went bad recently.. so I just went to the RMA center to have it replaced as it is still under warranty. I take the new hard disk back home to my computer and now when I try to initialize it... I get all sorts of stupid errors. I/O error, CRC error , missing...