Windows 10: Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

Discus and support Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. I would like to ask for anyone's thoughts. I've recently checked my Defragmenter. I'm using Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 5400 Laptop. Would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AM Itliong, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

Hi there. I would like to ask for anyone's thoughts. I've recently checked my Defragmenter. I'm using Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 5400 Laptop. Would like to make sure my laptop is running well and does not have any virus. Upon checking "Advanced View" in my defragmenter, it showed 3 other drives that is not visible in "This PC".Here are snapshots.Recovery, and the 2 volume drives made me curious. Should I be worried? or Is there anyway I can remove this without resetting the laptop? Thank you for your answers!

:)

AM Itliong, Nov 20, 2021
  2. Pawan1709 Win User

Disk Defragmenter runs but when finished it now shows 14% fragmented.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Did you perform the defragmentation internally or on an external drive?

• Do you face any performance related issues even after the defragmentation?
    You can ignore the message if you are not facing any performance related issue
    after the process is done. It might be due to some error in the reporting. Then it won’t be an issue to worry about. If that is not the case, and you are still facing performance related issues, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it
    helps.

Step 1: Run a Disc Check on the computer.

You can perform a check disk to spot any error in your hard disk. To do so, right- click on the start button>select command prompt (admin)> type “chkdsk” and press enter.

This will display the exact errors occurring in your hard drive. Restart the computer and try Step 2.

Step 2: Perform a Disk Cleanup on your computer.

Refer the link below for steps to perform a Disk Cleanup.

Disk cleanup in Windows 10

Now, Run Disk Defragmentation and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Pawan1709, Nov 20, 2021
  3. C drive not shown in disk defragmenter, but seen in disk management

Good day Dan!

As I had tried before, chkdsk did not work for at least 10 times, my C drive is still not visible in the disk defragmenter. I was not sure when this problem occurred but I suppose it was around 2 weeks ago.

Sharkatron, Nov 20, 2021
  4. Allan Mej Win User

Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

Defragmentation not working, and new update causing crashes

Hi,

It is possible that Disk Defragmenter service has been disabled or not properly running on your PC, causing defragmentation issues. To troubleshoot this, kindly try these following methods:

Run System File Checker

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. To do so, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start Menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Run this command: SFC /scannow
    • This may take several minutes to finish. If Command Prompt shows Verification 100% complete, close the command prompt and check if your issue has been fixed.

Check Disk Defragmenter service

Disk Defragmenter service is required to perform disk defragmentation. If Disk Defragmenter service and other services that is required to perform disk defragmentation is disabled, you may encounter issues doing defragmentation. To troubleshoot this, follow
    these steps:

• In the search box, search and open Services.
    • Find Disk Defragmenter service, right-click it, and select Properties.
    • Make sure that Disk Defragmenter service Startup type is set to Manual.
    • Go back to the Services window and make sure that the Startup type of these services is set to Automatic:
      • Remote Procedure Call (RPC)
      • DCOM Server Process Launcher
      • RPC Endpoint Mapper

Regarding your issue with the Windows Update, kindly answer these following questions for us to assist:

• What is the update that you are trying to install (KB16XXXX)?
    • What are the specifications of your PC?
    • Do you receive any error messages when encountering a system crash?

We'll be looking forward for your response.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Nov 20, 2021
Thema:

Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

1. Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC" - Similar Threads - Disk Defragmenter shows

2. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  3. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive: SirI am unable to do disk defragmentation of Dell Laptop Hard drive other than SSD.It show a message any disk optimization when I click on OPTIMIZATION, NO action was performed. I have Windows 100 as operating system.Please help me...
  4. Unable to do disk defragmentation of Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Defragmentation and other pc troubles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Defragmentation and other pc troubles: Hi! I'm running a decent pc. i7, gtx 1070 Ti, 16gb ram etc. When I play games, my pc has started to act really weird. Usually when I boot DS3 for example, when I alt + tab to get back to the desktop my pc freezes and my main screen stops receving a signal. When I have two...
  6. Defragmentation and other pc troubles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragmentation and other pc troubles: Hi! I'm running a decent pc. i7, gtx 1070 Ti, 16gb ram etc. When I play games, my pc has started to act really weird. Usually when I boot DS3 for example, when I alt + tab to get back to the desktop my pc freezes and my main screen stops receving a signal. When I have two...
  7. Defragmentation and other pc troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragmenter shows other drives not visible in "This PC": Hi there. I would like to ask for anyone's thoughts. I've recently checked my Defragmenter. I'm using Windows 11 on a Dell Latitude 5400 Laptop. Would like to make sure my laptop is running well and does not have any virus. Upon checking "Advanced View" in my defragmenter, it...
  9. Disk Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defragmentation: Good Morning, I have a Touchsmart computer with Windows 10 Version 1903. I was doing defragmentation of my computer this morning and ran into the following issue. Never had any problem before. C: Drive D: Drive System System showed 14% fragmented and it would...
  10. Defragmentation of drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Defragmentation of drive.: My drives are fragmented to 24% and 28%. Defragmenting them is taking too long. What do i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmentation-of-drive/cb285c59-53ea-4a3d-840e-58f3d6196e2e"