Windows 10: Disk defragmenter stuck

Discus and support Disk defragmenter stuck in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk defragmenter stuck on pass 1:55 relocated After a few minute,it reoptimize again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LeeTeck Xian, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Disk defragmenter stuck

My disk defragmenter stuck on pass 1:55 relocated

After a few minute,it reoptimize again

:)

LeeTeck Xian, Jun 29, 2019

2. disk defragmentation

Hi,

To defragment your hard disk:

1. Click the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

2. Select the disk you want to defragment.

3. Click Analyze disk to determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not.

4. If fragmentation is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.

5. Click Defragment disk, in order to defragment the disk.

(The above method is based on Disk Defragmenter tool for Windows 8)

Code:
    [url='https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10']Upgrade to Windows 10[/url]

sayedarifuddinpallab, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Defragmentation stuck at 4%

I made a defragmentation on a 15% fragged disk, and when it’s done it’s stuck on 4%. There were no error notifications or anything. I tried to defrag it again and it’s still stuck on 4%.

MetalheadGamer9, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Disk defragmenter stuck

Disk Defragmenter runs but when finished it now shows 14% fragmented.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Did you perform the defragmentation internally or on an external drive?

• Do you face any performance related issues even after the defragmentation?
    You can ignore the message if you are not facing any performance related issue
    after the process is done. It might be due to some error in the reporting. Then it won’t be an issue to worry about. If that is not the case, and you are still facing performance related issues, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it
    helps.

Step 1: Run a Disc Check on the computer.

You can perform a check disk to spot any error in your hard disk. To do so, right- click on the start button>select command prompt (admin)> type “chkdsk” and press enter.

This will display the exact errors occurring in your hard drive. Restart the computer and try Step 2.

Step 2: Perform a Disk Cleanup on your computer.

Refer the link below for steps to perform a Disk Cleanup.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/disk-cleanup-in-windows-10

Now, Run Disk Defragmentation and check if the issue persists.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Pawan1709, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Disk defragmenter stuck

1. Disk defragmenter stuck - Similar Threads - Disk defragmenter stuck

2. Disk defragmentation is stuck on 0% in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk defragmentation is stuck on 0% in Windows 11: Tried to extract a big ZIP file and it was too slow, I decided to defragment the hard drive where the ZIP was located. Been waiting for one hour and nothing happened. I checked the disk using the system tools and the terminal, and nothing came as an issue...
  3. Disk defragmentation is stuck on 0% in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk defragmentation is stuck on 0% in Windows 11: Tried to extract a big ZIP file and it was too slow, I decided to defragment the hard drive where the ZIP was located. Been waiting for one hour and nothing happened. I checked the disk using the system tools and the terminal, and nothing came as an issue...
  4. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  5. system disk defragmentation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system disk defragmentation: MY system drive is 94 % fragmented. used defrag command but it stops after two passes and does not optimize. I am using hp probook 4530s with windows 10 on it . Any help please....
  6. Disk Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have Windows 11 and I tried to defragment my Local Disk C and every time it gets stuck 0% consolidated.... This problem also occurred when I had Windows 10.Please help me fix this....
  7. Disk Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Defragmentation stuck at 0% Consolidated: Hi, I have Windows 11 and I tried to defragment my Local Disk C and every time it gets stuck 0% consolidated.... This problem also occurred when I had Windows 10.Please help me fix this....
  8. Disk defragmentation stuck at Pass 6: 0% consolidated

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk defragmentation stuck at Pass 6: 0% consolidated: So I defragged my HDD because it was becoming slow but it's now stuck at this for nearly 4 hours now what should I do? submitted by /u/Kekkei29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kbhp8t/disk_defragmentation_stuck_at_pass_6_0/
  9. Disk Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defragmentation: Good Morning, I have a Touchsmart computer with Windows 10 Version 1903. I was doing defragmentation of my computer this morning and ran into the following issue. Never had any problem before. C: Drive D: Drive System System showed 14% fragmented and it would...
  10. Is this disk defragmenter's problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is this disk defragmenter's problem?: My disk is 1tb After i merge c drive and ddrive the defragmenter stuck Then i unmerge them the disk defragmenter worked and it didnt stuck Is this the defragmenter problem or the system problem?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk defragmenter pass 1 0 consolidated

2. pass 1 4% relocated stuck