Windows 10: Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD

Discus and support Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has a HDD and an Intel optane drive installed. I opened the windows defrag tool to try and defrag my HDD and it says that both the HDD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by patmiller4, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD

My computer has a HDD and an Intel optane drive installed. I opened the windows defrag tool to try and defrag my HDD and it says that both the HDD and optane drive are SSDs and can't be optimized. I found a troubleshooting guide on how to fix the defragmenter. I've already tried sfc/scannow and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. The guide also said to check the disk defragmenter service to make sure that it is configured properly, and I can't find any disk defragmenter services listed in the services list. What can I do to get windows to defrag my HDD?

:)

patmiller4, Apr 10, 2019

2. disk defragmentation

Hi,

To defragment your hard disk:

1. Click the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Defragmenter, and then in the list of results, click Disk Defragmenter.

2. Select the disk you want to defragment.

3. Click Analyze disk to determine if the disk needs to be defragmented or not.

4. If fragmentation is above 10%, you should defragment the disk.

5. Click Defragment disk, in order to defragment the disk.

(The above method is based on Disk Defragmenter tool for Windows 8)

Code:
    [url='https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10']Upgrade to Windows 10[/url]

sayedarifuddinpallab, Apr 10, 2019
  3. aakkam22 Win User
    Disk Defrag

If your system has a traditional HDD, then Windows automatically runs Disk Defragmenter once a week; if your system has an SSD, Disk Defragmenter is turned off because defragmenting SSDs can hurt them.

To open Disk Defragmenter:

1. In Windows Explorer, right-click the drive that you want to defragment, and click Properties.

2. Under Tools, click Defragment Now.

That's it.

aakkam22, Apr 10, 2019
  4. Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD

Disk Defragmenter

Since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1709, disk defragmenter defragments the recovery disk to 6%. How do I get it to fully defragment the drive.

IbiyinkaSamuel, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD

1. Disk Defragmenter won't let me defrag my HDD - Similar Threads - Disk Defragmenter won't

2. My email won't let me in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My email won't let me in.: When I go to sign in the message says I must accept several items or my information. When I decline I get kicked back out. Do you have me locked out for some reason? It says I'm not logged in?...
  3. It won't let me in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  4. It won't let me in?

It won't let me in?: How can I get in? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-wont-let-me-in/65c7d072-7bb5-4cb2-8c0f-4de3440e084a
  5. Defragmentation of my HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defragmentation of my HDD: I have a one-terabyte HDD. I've done a defragmentation till "Pass 10", should I continue the defrag or stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmentation-of-my-hdd/866ca455-5cc4-4cf4-913b-4aaec5a9e981
  6. Defragmentation of my HDD

Defragmentation of my HDD: I have a one-terabyte HDD. I've done a defragmentation till "Pass 10", should I continue the defrag or stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/defragmentation-of-my-hdd/866ca455-5cc4-4cf4-913b-4aaec5a9e981
  7. HDD defrag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD defrag: Hey! My HDD model: st1000dm010-2ep102 is stuck at 2% in defragmentation,no matter what I do.. 50% occupied. I use latest drivers latest win10 and all,what should I do? Is it a problem? Does it affect my HDD performance and loading times? Thanks if you help....
  8. Windows 10 Defragmentation won't Defrag 47% Fragmented

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Defragmentation won't Defrag 47% Fragmented: I have a Lenovo Laptop with windows 10, I noticed file transferring from drive to drive was a bit slow so I checked windows defragmentation app and it said my HDD is 47% Fragmented even though its supposed to run automatically weekly, I ran the optimization option which ran...
  9. Disk Defragmentation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Defragmentation: Good Morning, I have a Touchsmart computer with Windows 10 Version 1903. I was doing defragmentation of my computer this morning and ran into the following issue. Never had any problem before. C: Drive D: Drive System System showed 14% fragmented and it would...
  10. Disk Defragmenter Won't Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk Defragmenter Won't Open: Dear Sir or Madams, How to fix error of when i click to open disk defragmenter on windows 10 64bit and nothing happen,i means disk defragmenter application not openup. so Please Advice Me Sir, or Madams!!!!!! Thanks,Slom Monster...