Windows 10: Disk Digger and deleted files

Discus and support Disk Digger and deleted files in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I scanned my drive with disk digger to find a bunch of old files on my computer that I had deleted. I want to make sure they're completely gone and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MychaelH, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Disk Digger and deleted files

I scanned my drive with disk digger to find a bunch of old files on my computer that I had deleted. I want to make sure they're completely gone and cant be recovered without erasing everything on my drive ( i still have other files on it) How would I do it? I used Eraser on the recycle bin but that didn't get rid of them.

submitted by /u/MychaelH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MychaelH, Jun 3, 2020

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Windows old files deleting

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community. I will be glad to assist you.

I suggest you follow this steps and check if it helps.

• Open Disk Cleanup by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Disk Cleanup, and then, in the list of results, click Disk Cleanup.

• If you're prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• In the Disk Cleanup dialog box, on the Disk Cleanup tab, click Clean up system files.

• If you're again prompted to choose a drive, click the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click OK.

• Select the Previous Windows installation(s) check box, and any other check boxes for the files you want to delete, and then click OK.

• In the message that appears, click Delete Files.
    Hope this helps.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Disk Digger and deleted files

deleting old windows files but disk space is still full

Here's the proper way to delete the Windows.old folder:

Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.

Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.

Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."

Step 4: Check the box next to the entry, then make sure there are no other boxes checked (unless you do indeed want to delete those items). Click OK to start the cleanup.

FernandoYebra1, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Disk Digger and deleted files

1. Disk Digger and deleted files - Similar Threads - Disk Digger deleted

2. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  3. Disk clean up is not deleting files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk clean up is not deleting files: When I run Disk Clean-up it does not delete the files I have selected.I run Clean Up and then re-boot and still there 8gig + of files.How can I delete the file Clean Up does not?...
  4. Disk Repair Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Repair Deleted Files: I have a ~50TB Windows Storage Space running on Windows 10. Recently, I rebooted the computer and Windows said it was repairing this disk. It took about an hour and then the computer eventually booted up. I discovered this morning that there were several files missing from...
  5. Disk Repair Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Repair Deleted Files: I have a ~50TB Windows Storage Space running on Windows 10. Recently, I rebooted the computer and Windows said it was repairing this disk. It took about an hour and then the computer eventually booted up. I discovered this morning that there were several files missing from...
  6. Disk Repair Deleted Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it safe to delete this Temp file in the D disk: i have this Temp file in the D disk, it taking a lot of space, i tried deleting the temp files by running %temp% in the RUN screen after pressind windows+R but that only cleaned up the space in C disk. is it safe to delete this file or is there any way of cleaning it upalso i...
  8. permently deleting files on old disk

permently deleting files on old disk: I have reformated a drive from my old computer and now wish to overwrite it so the files cannot be recovered.I did tryPC shredder but this requires me to select files or a folder before it will operate and since re-formating these are no longer available on the drive.What...
  9. deleting temp internet files and disk defrag

deleting temp internet files and disk defrag: Hi How do I delete temp internet file and do a disk defrag, I bought my laptop from a pawn shop. and for some reason I cannot do this I I also cannot download anything from the internet at all. please help I have never had this problem before. also I have never owned this...
  10. Files deleted on old disk

in Windows 10 Support
    Files deleted on old disk: Hi All, Long time last visit 18 Aug 2015 23:19 Slartybart Re installing 4 tb drive..... For those that remember...I took out the 1 tb drive from my HP pavilion 23 that was running windows 10 it was fully working apart from not a lot of room left due to mainly photos,...