Windows 10: Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?

Discus and support Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Today, when my laptop was really lagging ive got blue screen. After that i turned my laptop off and then it didnt work so i plugged bootable usb and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Barteksw, May 27, 2023.

1. Barteksw Win User

Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?

Today, when my laptop was really lagging ive got blue screen. After that i turned my laptop off and then it didnt work so i plugged bootable usb and ive got into windows installation. I couldnt install it so from some tutorial i did in cmd: diskpart, list disk, select disk 0, clean and also i did convert bmr but there was some error after it. I did the same thing with second disk it was my pendrive and then i realised it was the bootable usb... Ive got another bootable usb but after opening the installatioj i have NO disks at all. I installed drivers i clickrd load driver from intel f6f

:)

Barteksw, May 27, 2023

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 27, 2023
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, May 27, 2023
  4. geotso Win User

Can't safely remove external disk

In reference to the steps of your suggestions:

• The issue is specific to the particular disk and it started after I've used the disk to save the System image backup (created with the Control Panel > File History tool).
    • I didn't disable any windows Service. I'm just wondering if there is any to disable.
    • Safe boot with networking, or clean boot doesn't resolve the issue.

Thank you.

geotso, May 27, 2023
Thema:

1. Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do? - Similar Threads - Disk disappeared cleaning

2. one of my aircrafts disappeared what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one of my aircrafts disappeared what should I do?: Hi, I have a problem with the Microsoft Flight Simulator game.I bought the boeing 777-300ER from the microsoft flight simulator store on January 22 145 days ago. A few weeks ago it disappeared from my aircrafts collection. what should I do? How do I get the aircraft back?...
  3. one of my aircrafts disappeared what should I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    one of my aircrafts disappeared what should I do?: Hi, I have a problem with the Microsoft Flight Simulator game.I bought the boeing 777-300ER from the microsoft flight simulator store on January 22 145 days ago. A few weeks ago it disappeared from my aircrafts collection. what should I do? How do I get the aircraft back?...
  4. Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?: Today, when my laptop was really lagging ive got blue screen. After that i turned my laptop off and then it didnt work so i plugged bootable usb and ive got into windows installation. I couldnt install it so from some tutorial i did in cmd: diskpart, list disk, select disk 0,...
  5. Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk disappeared after cleaning it. What should i do?: Today, when my laptop was really lagging ive got blue screen. After that i turned my laptop off and then it didnt work so i plugged bootable usb and ive got into windows installation. I couldnt install it so from some tutorial i did in cmd: diskpart, list disk, select disk 0,...
  6. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do?: I am starting a course in cybersecurity and I was downloading kali linux operating system to my laptop and the screen of the virtual machine turned black. I am using windows 10, version 21H2OS Build 19044.2251...
  7. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what should i do?: Starting WSUS Offline Update v. 12.0 at 17:36:44.12... Checking user's privileges... Determining system's properties... Determining Windows licensing info... Found Microsoft Windows version: 6.3.9600.17085 w63 x64 enu Found Microsoft Windows Software Licensing Management Tool...
  8. What I should do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What I should do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/afdas117 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lyx7w7/what_i_should_do/
  9. What should I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What should I do?: My icons on taskbar magically disappeared, and not microphone, sound and that icons, but Google, file explorer etc.. Then I wanted to see if rebooting it will resolve the problem. Pressed shutdown, then restart. And now it says "Getting Windows ready, dont turn of you...
  10. what should i do?

in Windows 10 Support
    what should i do?: Hello..... New here and this one is my ist thred... Since i upgrade windows 8.1 to windows 10 i am using it...but now my pc need re-install windows. what should i do? my windows upgrade from 8.1 to windows 10 free upgrade. and i have also setup of win 8.1 66652