Windows 10: Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

Discus and support Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello !My relatively recent disk stopped working when trying to access files, it showed the error of the title, and now, it doesn't even have a letter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by paulnbrd, Aug 16, 2022.

1. paulnbrd Win User

Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

Hello !My relatively recent disk stopped working when trying to access files, it showed the error of the title, and now, it doesn't even have a letter assigned anymore. I've tried, using diskpart/disk manager to initialize the disk/format it, but the error kept showing up. Can someone help me ? It's a 2TB disk, bought at the beginning of the year Toshiba.Thanks !

:)

paulnbrd, Aug 16, 2022

2. Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check, "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

O:Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check.

I'm trying to download a game and in the middle of it it keeps saying "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check) help please!

LaQuandaWilliams, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Aquinus Win User
    pls help: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK ERROR

Use something like CrystalDiskInfo to check SMART on the drive, however if this is an older IDE drive, SMART might not be supported. Cyclic redundancy errors are almost always uncorrectable disk errors. I suspect that the drive is failing juding from the symptoms you described.

Aquinus, Aug 16, 2022
  4. Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Hello, I recently disconnected one of my SSD hardrives then reconnected it soon after. I have been trying to initialize it but the "Data error ( cyclic redundancy check)" error shows up. All of the fixes online don't seem to have the same problem.

Best regards,

Gabe

GabeDavies, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

1. Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check - Similar Threads - Disk drive cannot

2. Hardisk not initialized, cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hardisk not initialized, cyclic redundancy check: My hardisk showed not initialized, i try to opened initialized it, but it showed cyclic redundancy check. I try some thing that i know and saw on the internet, but it needs a partition to work, but because my hardisk not initialized, there is no partition from that hardisk...
  3. Hardisk not initialized, cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hardisk not initialized, cyclic redundancy check: My hardisk showed not initialized, i try to opened initialized it, but it showed cyclic redundancy check. I try some thing that i know and saw on the internet, but it needs a partition to work, but because my hardisk not initialized, there is no partition from that hardisk...
  4. Hardisk not initialized, cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check: Hello !My relatively recent disk stopped working when trying to access files, it showed the error of the title, and now, it doesn't even have a letter assigned anymore. I've tried, using diskpart/disk manager to initialize the disk/format it, but the error kept showing up....
  6. Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check: Hello !My relatively recent disk stopped working when trying to access files, it showed the error of the title, and now, it doesn't even have a letter assigned anymore. I've tried, using diskpart/disk manager to initialize the disk/format it, but the error kept showing up....
  7. DiskPart error, Data error cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 News
    DiskPart error, Data error cyclic redundancy check: [ATTACH]While running the DiskPart on your computer, if you get an error saying DiskPart has encountered an error: Data error (cyclic redundancy check), here is how you can fix the issue. There could be various reasons why you are getting this error on your computer, and this...
  8. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  9. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  10. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing