Windows 10: Disk Drive Checks Every Time I Boot

Discus and support Disk Drive Checks Every Time I Boot in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! I've gone through some threads here but I thought I should make my own regarding this issue. For a couple months now, my computer has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _Hyun15, Jan 1, 2021.

1. _Hyun15 Win User

Disk Drive Checks Every Time I Boot

Hello!

I've gone through some threads here but I thought I should make my own regarding this issue. For a couple months now, my computer has been checking the disk drive every time I boot- and though I've let it check for errors and let it run through many times probably over 50, it still boots up with the same error every time. Any ideas on how I should remedy this? I know there's a way to just make it stop checking, but I thought I should at least find out why my laptop's doing this.

Thank you all!

:)

_Hyun15, Jan 1, 2021

2. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Jan 1, 2021
  4. Saakki Win User

Check Disk On every Boot

i had this same irritating problem lately..i just disabled auto chkcdisk and problem solved *Smile Disk Drive Checks Every Time I Boot :)

taken from:

Disable or Stop Auto CHKDSK During Windows Startup • Raymond.CC

"There are some people suggested to edit the registry but the proper way to disable CHKDSK from starting up is using the /x switch on chkntfs command in command prompt.

( go to Run and type CMD and press enter ).

The /x switch will exclude a drive from the default boot-time check. If you have drive C: as your hard drive, then the command to disable chkdsk from scanning C: drive would be:

chkntfs /x c:

If you have 2 drive, C and D, you can disable chkdsk with the command below :

chkntfs /x c: d:

"

worked for me

Saakki, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk Drive Checks Every Time I Boot - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Checks

2. Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!: Hi all,I was wondering if you could advise me with this 'issue' I have.Every time I boot Windows, I get a prompt that I have 10 seconds to skip Disk Checking.I obviously left the checking to continue the first time and multiple times after that, however the process goes to...
  3. Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!: Hi all,I was wondering if you could advise me with this 'issue' I have.Every time I boot Windows, I get a prompt that I have 10 seconds to skip Disk Checking.I obviously left the checking to continue the first time and multiple times after that, however the process goes to...
  4. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Check appearing every time on start up.: Hey so I have an Asus Vivobook and for some reason everytime I turn on my laptop, the logo appears, but then underneath this it comes up with 'to skip disk check, press any key within the next 10 seconds.' I'm not sure why it appears everytime I start up my laptop, I've let...
  5. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Check appearing every time on start up.: Hey so I have an Asus Vivobook and for some reason everytime I turn on my laptop, the logo appears, but then underneath this it comes up with 'to skip disk check, press any key within the next 10 seconds.' I'm not sure why it appears everytime I start up my laptop, I've let...
  6. Disk Check appearing every time on start up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. windows disk checking every time I boot up my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows disk checking every time I boot up my PC: this started like a week ago and every day i let it do disk checking with the hopes that it wont do the same thing the next day but boy was i wrong and now I'm so annoyed i don't know how to make it stop doing disk checking every time i boot up my pc. please please help would...
  8. C drive disk check every boot

C drive disk check every boot: I have the check disk every boot for a good while now. I’ve tried most solutions e.g. running chkdsk from cmd, disabling chkdsk then running it from cmd, running chkdsk /r and /f. According to CrystalDisk Info the drive is still healthy 96%. I haven’t done reinstall windows...
  9. Check disk at every boot?

Check disk at every boot?: Does anyone have this issue? After this update check disk came up on every boot and it won’t complete ... submitted by /u/russianheat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwyg7c/check_disk_at_every_boot/
  10. Disk check on every startup

Disk check on every startup: Hi all. Recently my PC started to run disk check on every startup. I let it run and repair, but it doesn't do anything really. When I run the disk checker on Windows itself it says that my drive has a problem and it needs to restart in order to solve it. But nothing gets...