Windows 10: Disk Drive D

Discus and support Disk Drive D in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Drive (D:) is low on memory space . How do I free up storage space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by deadraturner, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Disk Drive D

Drive (DDisk Drive D :) is low on memory space . How do I free up storage space

:)

deadraturner, Feb 14, 2019

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Feb 14, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Disk Drive D

"D" drive is full on HP B&O with Win 10

Hello,

Based on the information you've provided, we understand that you're unable to access D: drive on your computer and would like to delete some files. For us to assist you better with this concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which D: drive are you referring to, internal or external drive?
    • What happens when you try to open D: drive, do you get any error message/error code?
    • If yes, would you please mention the error message/error code in the response post?
    • By the way, when did you start noticing this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking if you are able to open the drive through Disk management by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select Disk management option.

• Right click on the drive which is inaccessible and select Open option.

• Check if the changes are effective.

We're looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Disk Drive D

1. Disk Drive D - Similar Threads - Disk Drive

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  6. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  7. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  8. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  9. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  10. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...