Windows 10: Disk drive disappearing

Discus and support Disk drive disappearing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SeanMcGrath9503, May 11, 2022.

1. Disk drive disappearing

My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very limited as once it disappears there's nothing I can do to interact with it, and I've tried using the disk manager to re-scan for disks but it never shows back up unless I shut down my computer. Please help I'm losing my mind over this and it's causing me a great deal of stress. P.S There are too many files for me to save or tra

:)

SeanMcGrath9503, May 11, 2022

2. F drive disappeared

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if the drive is listed in the Disk Management. Refer to the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + X, then select Disk Management.
    • See if the drive is listed and if there is a letter assigned to it.
    • Have you tried restarting your device and check if the drive is still missing?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, May 11, 2022
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 11, 2022
  4. Kevmoso Win User

Disk drive disappearing

Optical BD drive disappears when inserting a disk

Something in a recent update to Windows 10 has changed the behavior of my SATA connected optical drive.

Everything worked fine and then recently:

Inserting a cd causes the drive to disappear from "This PC"

The drive will show up in Device Manager if "show hidden devices" is checked.

If I restart the computer with the cd in the drive I can listen to the disk.

If I eject the disk and insert another the drive disappears again.

Mobo = Asrock Fatal1ty z170 Gaming-ITX/ac (all drivers from asrock current)

Disk drive = Matshita BD-MLT UJ265

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Kevmoso, May 11, 2022
Thema:

Disk drive disappearing

1. Disk drive disappearing - Similar Threads - Disk drive disappearing

2. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  3. Disk Drive D disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive D disappeared: I installed Chromeos Flex in my pc.But after i revert back to windows my d drive is missiong.Pls help.It's my father pc.If he knows, i will be punished https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-d-disappeared/00025fdc-652f-473f-bdab-3ba0336b74b2
  4. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk drive disappearing: My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very...
  5. Disk drive disappearing

Disk drive disappearing: My disk drive keeps vanishing at a random point in time within 1- 30 min after I fully shut down and restart my computer. the data still exists on the computer and the drive, its just not accessible by me or my programs. I've tried a bunch of things so far, but I'm very...
  6. Disk drive disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Disk drive disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk drive disappeared: Yesterday I was opening my laptop and for the first time it took so long in the logo screen, took about 5 mins just to start up, and then my shortcuts weren't working since disk drive D isn't recognized by windows at all, disc management, device manager it wasn't there I even...
  8. Disk drive disappeared

Disk drive disappeared: Yesterday I was opening my laptop and for the first time it took so long in the logo screen, took about 5 mins just to start up, and then my shortcuts weren't working since disk drive D isn't recognized by windows at all, disc management, device manager it wasn't there I even...
  9. Disk drive disappeared

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Disk Drive Keeps Disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive Keeps Disappearing: I'm not sure this is a windows problem, but maybe someone knows what's going on here. I have a Windows 10 PC running Blue Iris surveillance software. I have five 4TB WD Purple drives and one 2TB WD Purple that the cameras are being recorded to. The 2TB drive keeps...