Windows 10: Disk Drive Failure

Discus and support Disk Drive Failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Any suggestions on the error message? Should I create or save a system Image? Error Message: The driver has detected that device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by #PhillyProud, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Disk Drive Failure

Any suggestions on the error message? Should I create or save a system Image?

Error Message:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

:)

#PhillyProud, Dec 8, 2019
  2. t260g Win User

disk boot failure

my hard drive died recently, and i ordered a new one. this new drive is a western digital se16 500gb. i need to format this drive, but when i try to boot from cd in post, there is a disk boot failure message: disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter. i have the XP cd in the drive, yet it will not recognize it. if you continue to press enter, the same message appears over and over again. could it be a defective HDD? would jumpers have anything to do with this?

t260g, Dec 8, 2019
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Disk Drive Failure

Disk boot failure!!!

I just built my new computer. I can post and go to bios, but that's it. It recognizes my keyboard, dvd drive and harddrive, but everytime it normal boots, it has the DISK BOOT failure, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER... I'm trying to load up ubuntu from the disk drive, but it doesn't work even though i set the mobo to boot from dvd drive first.

This is a new oem HDD, does it need to be formated?
    Is there a way to format it then without an OS?

quantumsix492, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Disk Drive Failure

1. Disk Drive Failure - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Failure

2. Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drive: The other day in windows 10, I noticed my E: Disk Drive was missing from disc management as well as device manager. The E: drive is used for Pro Tools recording. I've checked the disk drive Seagate Barracuda 7200.11, 1000 Gig that suppose to be missing and it appears to be...
  3. Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure

Disk Management and Virtual Disk Service failure: I am running Windows 10 Home version 1903. I installed a new disk and tried to run Disk Management. It fails with the error "Unable to Connect to Virtual Disk Service" and a "The remote procedure call failed" error. I have looked through dozens of other instances of this...
  4. Disk Drive

Disk Drive: HI, I'm using a HP15 Laptop with Windows 10. When I insert a DVD into the Disk Drive built into the laptop, I don't know how to get it to play. I'm not real computer savvy but manage. I can hear the disk drive run, but nothing shows up on the screen to prompt me to play or...
  5. disk drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    disk drive: Hi, May I know how do I fix my thumb drive issue, it aways say The Disk is write-protected. pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive/a038b00c-bfa3-44e1-85aa-8cae30280ab7"
  6. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive failure: While using hp components test UEFI, hard drive failure message show..but when i used "error checking" utility by right clicking C drive, then properties then tools then error check, it said no error. Also I used chkdsk option and windows memory diagnostic, both say no error....
  7. Hard disk failure is imminent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk failure is imminent.: When starting my computer I sometimes get a message that Hard Disk Failure Imminent. Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced. Press F10 for Setup. F2 to continue. The first time I got this screen it clicked on F2 and Windows opened and all seemed fine. Now I...
  8. disk drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    disk drive: where is disk clean up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive/527965a9-0144-4201-9390-a14316eb0221
  9. Hard Drive Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Failure: Hi....I wonder if anyone with experience of this type of issue could advise please? Basically I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, which unfortunately suffered a total hard drive failure. I'm in the process of replacing the hard drive and don't really want to...
  10. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: The hard drive in my ASUS laptop has failed - completely and permanently. Fortunately this laptop has only been used for a daily mobile use and all important data is been backed up. I also used 'ProduKey' long ago to record the keys on this and my other units. ASUS support...