Windows 10: Disk Drive is unusable

Discus and support Disk Drive is unusable in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ive had to install a drive from an old laptop to get the data off it. I did this by taking the hard drive out of the laptop and putting it into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lekker1111, Jul 2, 2021.

1. Disk Drive is unusable

Ive had to install a drive from an old laptop to get the data off it. I did this by taking the hard drive out of the laptop and putting it into my computer. After I booted my system once I had finished with the other drive, the files on my D drive were unusable. D drive is my games drive, so I try and load a game up but it opens the launcher and asks me to download it again, even though I have it already downlaoded. Also with Microsoft Flight Sim i get this error, "the storage device might be missing or disconnected". I don't know whether I might have nudged the sata cable and it broke or I in

:)

lekker1111, Jul 2, 2021
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Jul 2, 2021
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 2, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Disk Drive is unusable

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jul 2, 2021
Thema:

Disk Drive is unusable

1. Disk Drive is unusable - Similar Threads - Disk Drive unusable

2. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  3. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?: When I am trying to format it, it says it's unable to do it. When I want to delete it, it says that It cannot delete active disk. Preferably I'd like to do it without using 3rd party software. Double checked that I am trying to delete correct one....
  4. How to format/delete old unused OS disk drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disk unusable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk unusable: Hello, I've been using my 1TB Seagate barracuda HDD for over two years now. Today when I wanted to create a new partition on Disk Management, the disk showed no volume, but I was able to access my files just fine. I made backups before starting to mess with things, checked...
  6. Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management

Unused SSD as Primary Partition in Disk Management: Hello, I am a new Windows 10 Home user and I am having trouble with managing my disks. I am not experienced at all, so I apologize in advance for all the nonsense I might type. I just found out that I have a SSD, by running "Get-PhysicalDisk" in PowerShell, as shown in the...
  7. Win10 install only partitioned unused disk.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 install only partitioned unused disk.: I had an outdated Win7 license and installed a new licensed version of Win10. It looks like the install only partitioned the unused disk and kept the old Win7 copy. I wanted a clean full install (not a potential dual boot) How do I repartition the drive to use the entire...
  8. Unusable Hard drive partition?

Unusable Hard drive partition?: Hello, I recently installed a new solid state drive in my computer. I ran WD Acronis software to clone my boot drive to the new drive. After I cloned my drive, I noticed that I have the exact same amount of free space available. I went into Disk Management and found out...
  9. Removing unused USB drives

Removing unused USB drives: On my journey to understanding why Auto Play doesn't work on my PC, I discovered that the PC would often rescan my devices upon reboot, and it would list a phantom CD drive until the scan completed. After running the utility in the link (it came from a Symantec thread), I no...
  10. Format unused space on primary disk

Format unused space on primary disk: Some time ago I had to format my hard drive (a nominal 1 TB spinner) and re-install Windows 10. At the time I was considering setting up a dual-boot configuration, so I left about 290 GB unallocated for later use by the alternative OS. Since then I have changed my mind, and...