Windows 10: Disk Drive Missing

Discus and support Disk Drive Missing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My machine Win10Pro MSI has a 1TB SSD C: and a 1TB HDD D:. I tried using AOMEI Backupper to backup my C drive to my D drive on 11/26/19. I just noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SgtScreed, Dec 24, 2019.

1. SgtScreed Win User

Disk Drive Missing

My machine Win10Pro MSI has a 1TB SSD C: and a 1TB HDD D:. I tried using AOMEI Backupper to backup my C drive to my D drive on 11/26/19. I just noticed on 12/24/19 that the backup failed and my D drive is nowhere to be found. It's not showing in File Explorer, Device Manager or Disk Management.

Disk Management shows the following:

C: 953.24GB

Disk 0 partition 2 99MB

Recovery 529MB

The lower pane shows Disk 0 with those three items as partitions.

I've tried to do a system restore because I've been creating restore points weekly since I got the machine about the second week of November, but the only restore points that came up were all on 12/21/19. I'm at a loss here. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

:)

SgtScreed, Dec 24, 2019

2. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

It is unusual that the drives went missing after installing the anniversary update. I suggest you to try changing the drive letter through disk management by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + R.

2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press enter.

3. If the drive is listed, right click on it and select "change drive letter".

4. Choose a different drive letter and save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 24, 2019
  3. Win 10 I have drives c, f, g when installed new printed drive f disappeared and only shows g how can i make compute showdrive f

Hello,

To address your concern about missing drive, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Press Windows logo key + S on your keyboard.
    • Type diskmgmt.msc on the search box and hit Enter.
    • Look for your missing drive on the Disk Management window.
    • Right-click on it and give it a new drive letter.

Let us know if the drive will show up.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Dec 24, 2019
  4. Disk Drive Missing

HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

Disk Drive Missing

1. Disk Drive Missing - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Missing

2. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive Missing.: My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP....
  3. Hard Disk Drive Missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Drive Missing.: My Hard Disk Drive is Missing From My Laptop. Only SSD Is Shown. HDD Is not showing up In Disk Management and Device Manager. In File Explorer, Local Disk C Is Shown. Other Drives Like D, E and F are Missing. Even My Boot Is Slowed Down. Please Help Me ASAP....
  4. My Disk Drive D Is Missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Disk Drive D Is Missing: Hi, I reset my laptop because of a virus and now I can't see my disk D Which Had 1TB Storage. What Should I Do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-disk-drive-d-is-missing/63b3b223-4d52-4306-a74b-90935c7d77a1
  5. Missing D: External Disk Drive

Missing D: External Disk Drive: Hi, I've had my AlienWare PC for about 4 months now, and recently I can't find my external hard drive. My OS C: is still here, but My D: drive is missing, and I can't find it in File Explorer or Device Manager. Please help....
  6. Hard drive is missing from disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive is missing from disk management: Hello , recently I was playing cod warzone on my laptop and then suddenly my it shut down and my drives except c disappeared and now it's not even starting up properly please help it's a new laptop submitted by /u/fattryingtobefit [link] [comments]...
  7. Disk Drive Missing

Disk Drive Missing: I recently had a problem where my pc wouldn't start and would get stuck at the windows loading screen forever till it crashed so i changed my sata to ide and it let back into my pc but now i dont see my other driver on my pc and i have only 1 driver now so i decided to reset...
  8. not enough disk space c drive missing

not enough disk space c drive missing: not enough disk space when i try to reinstall windows 10 tried to download tool and c drive is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-disk-space-c-drive-missing/26f11500-ed4f-43d9-8c87-1b5320dbae27
  9. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...
  10. Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing Disk drive on new W10 installation: New PC, newly installed W10 (Version 1903, and installed by a professional, not by me) and two normal disks, an SSD with Windows on it and a standard hard disk, as well as a CD read/write drive. Only problem is that the hard disk cannot be accessed. For background, I have...