Windows 10: disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

Discus and support disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1 Copyright C Microsoft Corporation. On computer: LAPTOP-1OE861US DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeromeDesear, Feb 8, 2020.

1. disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1

Copyright C Microsoft Corporation.
    On computer: LAPTOP-1OE861US

DISKPART> list disk

Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt
    -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- ---
    Disk 1 Online 238 GB 0 B *

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> clean

Virtual Disk Service error:
    The system's information about the object may not be up to date.

DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up-to-date.
    Refresh the object by using the RESCAN command.
    If the problem persists exit DiskPart, then restart DiskPart or restart the
    computer.

i cant see my 1tb hard rive so i tried to fix it through disk management but it said "the request could not be performed because of an i/o device error"

so i tried disk part but this showed up

:)

JeromeDesear, Feb 8, 2020

2. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied".

Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive (in order to go for chkdsk in prompt command). when I right click on unknown & unallocated drive then there is only option left are properties help and offline.

My question is how can I initialize the drive or bring the status online in order to assign drive letter and initialize the disk?

mayurpatel3, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Ruz San Win User

disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Hi Travis,

It appears that a disk partition was created but was never assigned its allocation. Assuming there are no files stored in the unallocated partition, perform these steps to combine it with your C: drive:

• In Disk Management, right-click on (Cdisk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated" :) which appears next to the
      Unallocated partition.
    • Select Extend.

Let us know if you're able to combine the spaces after following the steps above.

Regards.

Ruz San, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

1. disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated" - Similar Threads - disk drive initialized

2. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  3. Unallocated Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated Disk: I have a completely unallocated 1TB drive. I've tried some 3rd party tools like AOMEI, and EaseUS. Nothing works when I try to convert to GPT. I've tried DISKPART > list volume which my drive does not show up on. If I try to do anything with Disk Management it comes up with...
  4. Disk Not Initialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk Not Initialized: I tried many ways to make my hard drive work but nothing works.I have tried: Ontrack EasyRecovery, AOMEI, Mini Partition Wizard,diskpart,... but nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-not-initialized/b72a516c-96e3-4102-bd0b-66a737959e02
  5. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated: My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was showing my disc was Not Initialized, unallocated, and its size was reduced to 931mb. It should an Initialize Disc tab but when I...
  6. laptop not recognizing external hard drive, says it is unallocated and not initialized

laptop not recognizing external hard drive, says it is unallocated and not initialized: brought home a fully functioning external hard drive that had data on it....but when I plug it into my laptop, it does not appear in Windows Explorer....I checked Disk Management, and it says the disk is working properly, but has no assigned disk letter, and the disk place...
  7. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize: I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied". Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive in...
  8. Initialize Disk

Initialize Disk: I recently had to reset my computer to try and fix some problems it was having (it was crashing constantly). When I re-ran windows I attempted to access an external hard drive I use. When I plug the hard drive in windows makes the sound recognizing it and it shows up as a USB...
  9. adding unallocated disk space to drive C:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding unallocated disk space to drive C:: How can I add the unallocated disk space to drive C:\ when the unallocated space is not adjacent to the C:\ partitions are on the drive: such as Drives: E, F, G, H drive F:\ has been shrunk and I would like to add the unallocated space to the C:\ however, windows will not...
  10. disk not initialized

disk not initialized: hi my name is Pablo I try to initialized my ssd but everything is gray out the initialized disk is gray out and the new simple volume is gray out to I don't know what to do need help please...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. virtual disk manager:the request could not be initialized i/o device error

2. not initilazed hard disk 0 b