Windows 10: Disk Drive not regestering

Discus and support Disk Drive not regestering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; on a recent update, I lost my disk drive. it's got some important data on it. my set up is like this... 1TB drive split into two partitions.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DuiePyle, Sep 14, 2019.

1. DuiePyle Win User

Disk Drive not regestering

on a recent update, I lost my disk drive. it's got some important data on it. my set up is like this... 1TB drive split into two partitions. Seagate1_2TB(CDisk Drive not regestering :) and Seagate3_2TB(DDisk Drive not regestering :). The drive is split in this manner, C: 1842.55 GB NTFS, D: 17.87 GB NTFS. C: is healthy and designated as Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition. D: is designated healthy Primary Partition. But, F: Seagate2_2TB shows as NO Media. Any suggestions?

:)

DuiePyle, Sep 14, 2019

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Disk Drive not regestering - Similar Threads - Disk Drive regestering

2. Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive: I use windows 10.0.19043When I put a CD with information on it in the D: drive it reads the disk fine, however when I put in a blank disc, I have tried CD+R and CD RW disc I get the following message: "Windows Can't Read the Disc in drive D:\" "Make sure that the disc uses a...
  3. Disk Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Drives: I uninstalled something on disk drive c and installed it on disk drive d, but it still shows it on disk drive c, can I fix this or... what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drives/28423351-6950-486d-be5d-bcb47f7f7f7c
  4. Disk And Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk And Drives: Hello , Lately my system was getting slow. So I noticed that due to high disk usage of applications , games etc. my PC's startup has got a bit slower. I ran Crystal Disk Info check and here are the results : [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  5. Disk And Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk And Drives: Hello , Is it possible to install my windows on my other drives. My HDD have 4 drives. The C drive is of 142 GB , other 2 drives are of 103 GB each and the last one is of 116 GB. Due to windows being installed on C drive , I am not able to install games that demands more...
  6. media card not regestering on new laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media card not regestering on new laptop: media card not register on new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-card-not-regestering-on-new-laptop/b7d8bdac-ef36-4801-a0cf-1c56035beca9
  7. disk drive

disk drive: does the disk drive open cause its driving me crazy pple say its supposed to open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive/be356f55-77a4-410a-8e2f-d3ebe874aecd
  8. disk drive

disk drive: it says Disk 0 is unknown and not initialised and i right click it says on initialised it says a device which does not exist was specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive/5e017819-a51d-4943-b692-cb6c26939fae
  9. Disk Drive

Disk Drive: HI, I'm using a HP15 Laptop with Windows 10. When I insert a DVD into the Disk Drive built into the laptop, I don't know how to get it to play. I'm not real computer savvy but manage. I can hear the disk drive run, but nothing shows up on the screen to prompt me to play or...
  10. disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk drive: im installing a software and its as me for drive :H but I don't see it how do I get this drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive/32adb583-bdbe-49ff-a867-3d3a9c08a253