Windows 10: disk drive opening when i close itunes

Discus and support disk drive opening when i close itunes in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The problem is that when I close iTunes my disk drive ejects for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any idea why it would do this and how to fix it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AndreThibault4078, Feb 6, 2019.

1. disk drive opening when i close itunes

The problem is that when I close iTunes my disk drive ejects for no apparent reason. Does anyone have any idea why it would do this and how to fix it?

:)

AndreThibault4078, Feb 6, 2019

2. itunes opening automatically on login

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to stop iTunes to open automatically:

• Open Task Manager.

• Select the Startup Tab.

• Right click any app in the Startup menu and select Disable.
    If this does not fix the issue, then this needs to be taken care during installation of iTunes, so you may uninstall iTunes and reinstall it and make sure you check for the startup option during the setup wizard of iTunes.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 6, 2019
  3. iTunes not opening in Windows10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. I appreciate that you have tried a few troubleshooting steps. Let me help you.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the details.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

• Since when did the issue started happening?

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I would suggest you to install the iTunes as an administrator, right click on iTunes and click on “Run as the Administrator”. Check if that helps.

If the issue persists, run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

I hope the issue will be resolved. Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 6, 2019
  4. disk drive opening when i close itunes

How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

disk drive opening when i close itunes

1. disk drive opening when i close itunes - Similar Threads - disk drive opening

2. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  3. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings closes when I open pages: When I initiate settings it will open however when I try to navigate some functions or pages inside settings it will crash and it will take too long to close. I need to manually close it thru task manager and open it again. I restart the computer but it acted the same. I run...
  4. Settings closes when I open pages

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. iTunes not opening

iTunes not opening: Hi team. This morning I discovered that my iTunes will not open, even though it worked fine a few days ago when I last used it. I have contacted Apple and they tried to troubleshoot including many attempts at installing via the Microsoft Store. Although the installation...
  6. itunes not opening

itunes not opening: Can someone please help me. Ive been trying for DAYS to open my itunes, so I can sync my phone to it... before I get a new phone. I cant open itunes at all. Ive uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled goodness knows how many times. But still no luck and the icon is still...
  7. iTunes closing without warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    iTunes closing without warning: Lately I have been having trouble with iTunes closing minutes after I open the application. There is no warning that it will close and no crash report after it. I have followed Apples instructions in regards to removing all Apple related apps from my computer and have...
  8. EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EXTERNAL DVD DRIVE POPS OPEN WHEN I CLOSE iTUNES.: How can I stop iTunes from triggering my external DVD drive to eject? On a unrelated topic . Okay, I give, I'm totally confused about processor cores. As I was typing the information below, some of which I got from the "About Your PC" file on my computer, I didn't know...
  9. Disk drive opening

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk drive opening: My disc drive opens by itself. Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-drive-opening/769f0a19-c324-4322-992d-7b815f982161
  10. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it: I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. itunes ejects disc on close

2. disc drive opens when i close itunes

3. stop itunes from ejecting disk when closing

4. itunes ejects cd when closed,
  5. itunes ejcts cd when i close the window,
  6. why does my disc drive eject when i close out of itunes,
  7. when i close itunes my disc ejects,
  8. how to stop eject when i close itunes,
  9. is there a way to stop itunes from ejecting my disk everytime i close,
  10. stop itunes ejecting cd,
  11. itunes ejects disk on close,