Windows 10: Disk drive size increasing automatically

Discus and support Disk drive size increasing automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk drive size is increasing automatically. Part of that can be attributed to Windows Updates, but majorly it is happening because myC:\Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ananyo_A Win User

Disk drive size increasing automatically

My disk drive size is increasing automatically. Part of that can be attributed to Windows Updates, but majorly it is happening because myC:\Users folders size is increasing everyday. What could be the possiblereasons and solutions? Also, I have MS Teams installed in my PC, and I guess it could be one of the reasons.

:)

Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 10, 2021
  3. How do I increase the size of my Local disk C drive ?

I have more than 12 GB allocated. I wish to add it to my Local disk C drive because my Local disk C drive is running out of space. When I try to extend volume size in disk management, that option is inactive, I cant click on it. How do I increase the size
    of C drive ?

TharunSaji, Jan 10, 2021
  4. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk drive size increasing automatically - Similar Threads - Disk drive size

2. How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to increase Disk size in VirtualBox [Guide]: [IMG]How often have we encountered a situation where the predefined disk size lacks space to accommodate more data? If you require more space on your virtual machine’s hard disk at a later stage, you will have to expand the virtual hard disk and partition. In this post, we...
  3. My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive: My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-drive-size-increases-automatically/5def5a23-4729-4fc8-b9b1-4ad923c8ab24
  4. My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive: My hard disk drive size increases automatically. There are no files in the hard drive. Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-disk-drive-size-increases-automatically/5def5a23-4729-4fc8-b9b1-4ad923c8ab24
  5. C: Drive constantly increasing drive size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: Drive constantly increasing drive size: It doesn't happen on the "This Pc" tab but in the properties tab, is this a bug? is this a virus? i'm clueless submitted by /u/lievv_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/111hen1/c_drive_constantly_increasing_drive_size/
  6. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives: I got a new 1TB SSD 952GB usable to replace an old 1TB HDD 931GB usable for storing things, and moved all the files over. Both are formatted as NTFS with 4k allocation sizes.I don't remember the exact details of what I had before the transfer, but one of my folders with many...
  7. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives: I got a new 1TB SSD 952GB usable to replace an old 1TB HDD 931GB usable for storing things, and moved all the files over. Both are formatted as NTFS with 4k allocation sizes.I don't remember the exact details of what I had before the transfer, but one of my folders with many...
  8. Size on Disk Increased Drastically When Moving Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. C drive usage size increased

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    C drive usage size increased: I tried to upgrade my windows 10 home to pro so I used the windows media creation tool upgrade option. then I canceled that activity simply added the product key to active. now the issue is that my C drive size 140GB and it's showing only 10 GB left...
  10. how to increase the size of drive c

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to increase the size of drive c: how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-size-of-drive-c/1e140d09-4b04-407c-9e08-5000dd1bb1a6