Windows 10: Disk drive size increasing automatically

Discus and support Disk drive size increasing automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My disk drive size is increasing automatically. Part of that can be attributed to Windows Updates, but majorly it is happening because myC:\Users... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Ananyo_A Win User

Disk drive size increasing automatically

My disk drive size is increasing automatically. Part of that can be attributed to Windows Updates, but majorly it is happening because myC:\Users folders size is increasing everyday. What could be the possiblereasons and solutions? Also, I have MS Teams installed in my PC, and I guess it could be one of the reasons.

:)

Ananyo_A, Jan 10, 2021

2. increase text size

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Follow the steps to change the font size:

• Click on "Windows logo" and select "Settings".
    • Select "System".
    • You can change the font size here.

Follow the steps to go to Control Panel:

• Type "Control Panel" in the search bar.
    • Select "Control Panel" from suggestions.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 10, 2021
  3. How do I increase the size of my Local disk C drive ?

I have more than 12 GB allocated. I wish to add it to my Local disk C drive because my Local disk C drive is running out of space. When I try to extend volume size in disk management, that option is inactive, I cant click on it. How do I increase the size
    of C drive ?

TharunSaji, Jan 10, 2021
  4. j_007_k Win User

Storage Spaces not showing increased size..

Hello, Size was increased via storage spaces. I was able to fix the issue. It seems like size increase via storange spaces is not working. I manually have to reboot and then use following command to show the correct size.

C:\ > DISKPART

DISKPART> List Volume

DISKPART> select volume # (this is the number of the volume listed by the above ‘List Volume’ command)

DISKPART> extend filesystem

DISKPART> exit

This fixes the storage pool to show the correct size. But its really annoying to do that every time you increase the size of the pool.

Thanks

j_007_k, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk drive size increasing automatically - Similar Threads - Disk drive size

2. Query: Regarding disk drive size

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query: Regarding disk drive size: Is it true that the C:\Windows folder's size won't increase any further after it reaches 25-26 GB?So would that mean that Windows Updates won't take any more space after the Windows folder reaches this size? Does the Windows update-mechanism work this way onlyreferring to the...
  3. how to increase the size of drive c

how to increase the size of drive c: how do i increase the size of drive c as it is almost full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-the-size-of-drive-c/1e140d09-4b04-407c-9e08-5000dd1bb1a6
  4. increases my windows 10 backup drive size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    increases my windows 10 backup drive size: I keep getting a message that my backup drive is full https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increases-my-windows-10-backup-drive-size/8de0eade-2fa7-4b43-a5a4-627b61453b9d
  5. How can I increase the volume size of Disk 0?

How can I increase the volume size of Disk 0?: I have already checked this post and tried to follow the solution there without any success. I have also tried other options commonly given on the internet. One thing that I haven't tried yet is to convert the disk into a dynamic volume. A snapshot of the disk management...
  6. Sound Increase automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Increase automatically: Hi, I am facing sound issue in my HP laptop and it very wired issue. Problem : Sound is remain 100 % and if try to low down it increase automatically to 100 %. and second issue is windows key open up start menu exactly after 5 seconds only not more or less than that. As...
  7. Download size increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download size increasing: I recently bought forza horizon 4 and ive been downloading it for 2 hours it was 64gb and it just keeps going up i am now at 110gb i have reset it i everytime i try to download it it goes up from 110...
  8. Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Box ● Increase Disk Size ● In Windows: More interesting is how to shrink it of course. Both increasing and decreasing disk size are covered in the VirtualBox documentation though thankfully. 41032
  9. Increasing Partition Size

Increasing Partition Size: I have a 1 Terabyte hard drive that contains 2 partitions. C: which has 906 GB free space and D: which has 7.65 GB free space. I want to extend D:. I shunk C: 200 GB and ended up with a third partition and found no way to extend d: into this free space. How do I extend...
  10. Increase partition size

Increase partition size: Had 8.1 then downloaded 10, unfortunately when I originally installed 8.1 I made my C partition too small and it's almost full all the time. Is there anyway to increase the size? Also I want to reset my PC right now since it's gotten extremely sluggish for some odd...