Windows 10: Disk Drive Storage

Discus and support Disk Drive Storage in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two disk drives for storage (Not my choice I was given the PC for free and don't have the money or time to install a hard drive). Both disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HydroGunther, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Disk Drive Storage

I have two disk drives for storage (Not my choice I was given the PC for free and don't have the money or time to install a hard drive). Both disk drives being 250GB. I recently had an incident with the RAID Volume that had connected the two together (I'm not quiet sure how RAID Volume works but I've been told it sucks. Or at least the version I had does). It failed and I had to delete the RAID Volume. This resulted in all my memory on the Disk Drives to be wiped. I did not want that happening again, so I didn't set it back up (I was told I didn't really need it). Now I am only have 250GB of free space because it is only using one of them. Is there a way to switch which disk drive I'm using to store stuff in or a way to connect the two together in a more secure way than RAID Volume. I have almost use all of my storage, but I barley have anything on here. I love doing graphic design and gaming so I need all the space I can get. I looking for any solutions to my problem. Please. Thank You.

:)

HydroGunther, Feb 4, 2019

2. How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Feb 4, 2019
  3. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Disk Drive Storage

Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Disk Drive Storage

1. Disk Drive Storage - Similar Threads - Disk Drive Storage

2. Disk Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Storage: I am trying to update an app but it will not work due to a lack of disk space. I have deleted at least 10 gb worth of data but it is not showing the the storage bar. I have done the maths and the storage breakdown does not equal the total so I am not sure why I don't have any...
  3. Disk Storage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Storage: I am trying to update an app but it will not work due to a lack of disk space. I have deleted at least 10 gb worth of data but it is not showing the the storage bar. I have done the maths and the storage breakdown does not equal the total so I am not sure why I don't have any...
  4. Disk Storage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storage Disk

Storage Disk: In treesize, i reduce by deleting the files to 43.2 gb but my storage disk in settings is 44.2 gb. Which is accurate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-disk/e8b75ad5-32ef-433a-a553-d281b5b3cbb6
  6. Storage Disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage Disk: In treesize, i reduce by deleting the files to 43.2 gb but my storage disk in settings is 44.2 gb. Which is accurate? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-disk/e8b75ad5-32ef-433a-a553-d281b5b3cbb6
  7. Storage Disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Disk Drive and storage

Disk Drive and storage: So I recently decided to try and convert my disks to basic which I did to one sadly deleting all my data because I don't know how to effectively back up data from a dynamic disk, but I was wondering how do I take unallocated space and put it from one disk to another?...
  9. storage disks

storage disks: I have assigned several storage disks of a vmax emc team towards Hyper-V servers, but I want to know what the disks are or get information in windows to know the id of the disk that belongs to the storage, since I only observe the letter assigned in windows for example the...
  10. disk storage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disk storage: This is a odd one for even a support geek like me. For some reason windows 10 is reporting my total storage as 983gb and that all 983 has been used up even though I deleted a bunch of stuff and uninstalled some programs. I might add i also have a 2TB drive but for some reason...