Windows 10: disk drive

Discus and support disk drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, May I know how do I fix my thumb drive issue, it aways say The Disk is write-protected. pls help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GohKai Jie, Jun 22, 2019.

1. disk drive

Hi,

May I know how do I fix my thumb drive issue, it aways say The Disk is write-protected. pls help me

:)

GohKai Jie, Jun 22, 2019

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jun 22, 2019
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Fernandz Win User

disk drive

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

disk drive

1. disk drive - Similar Threads - disk drive

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  6. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  7. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  8. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  9. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  10. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to use dvd r discs

2. how to format dvd-r

3. dvd r discs