Windows 10: Disk Drive

Discus and support Disk Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I use windows 10.0.19043When I put a CD with information on it in the D: drive it reads the disk fine, however when I put in a blank disc, I have tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Prentess, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Prentess Win User

Disk Drive

I use windows 10.0.19043When I put a CD with information on it in the D: drive it reads the disk fine, however when I put in a blank disc, I have tried CD+R and CD RW disc I get the following message: "Windows Can't Read the Disc in drive D:\" "Make sure that the disc uses a format that Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you will need to format it before using it."When I try to format the blank disc Windows won't let me. I get the same message "Windows Can't Read the Disc in drive D:\" etc etcPlease help. What needs to be done?

:)

Prentess, Nov 24, 2021

2. HP Disk Drive not visible

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you first try the Troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the Windows Search bar and hit enter.

• On the left side of the Troubleshooting window, click on “View all”

• Click on Hardware and Devices. Please provide a password if asked for it and click ok.
    Method 2:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Disk Drives and click on Properties.

• Go to the Drivers Tab and Click Enable (If not enabled).

• Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 24, 2021
  3. Roan T Win User
    Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Disk Drive

DVD/ CD Drive doesn't recognise disks

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Check if the DVD drive is getting detected in Disk Management

Refer the steps below to open disc management:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Disk Management.
    • Click on Actions and click on rescan disks and click on
      Refresh and check if issue persists.
    If there is no drive letter assigned, I suggest you right click on the DVD drive and assign a drive letter and check if it helps:

Method 3

Try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

Disk Drive

1. Disk Drive - Similar Threads - Disk Drive

2. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  3. Unable to access local disk drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access local disk drives: Hi All,I am unable to access my systems disk drives.Cause :- By mistakenly I was removed SYSTEM, User and authenticate users groups from security tap on disk and added only two admin group users but after adding by using those added user also I am unable to access the...
  4. Unable to access local disk drives

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  6. i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....

i have a lot of unallocated disk space500 gb and i want to allocate it into the c: drive....: i have a lot of disk space unallocated. recently i got my laptop repaired and the repair person made my disk space to 389 gb and a lot of unallocated space is there. i wanted to allocate it but it only shows the option of shrink volume and the extend volume is in gray. what...
  7. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  8. How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.

How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous.: How do i extend Drive C when there is unallocated space on the disk but it is not contiguous. What are the best third party tools to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-extend-drive-c-when-there-is-unallocated/4f73da4c-ca13-4d5a-8c78-fd7aa5c005b7
  9. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...
  10. do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?

do virtual disk drives take up my real computer space?: i made a vhd in windows 11, and i was wondering this. if i made my vhd 1 tb, then would it take up actual space or is the tb from the server?...