Windows 10: Disk driver not reading

Discus and support Disk driver not reading in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Manjaro entire Windows is not booting up. To perform and clean installation disk 0 is invalid in Diskpart. Please help I cannot even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by EbinSanthosh, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Disk driver not reading

After installing Manjaro entire Windows is not booting up. To perform and clean installation disk 0 is invalid in Diskpart. Please help I cannot even install a new software or get my photos from the disk...

:)

EbinSanthosh, Apr 17, 2020

2. Problem with 4500MHD to read Sony .mts files

Hello,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

• Which player are you using?
    • Did you try to play the same video's using different player?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1:

Install all the Windows updates including optional updates and check if it works.

Step 2:

I would suggest you to update the video driver from the device manager and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and select device manager.
    • Expand display adapter and right click on installed driver and click on update.
    Step 3:
    If doesn't work, I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

ThofikhAhamad, Apr 17, 2020
  3. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 17, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Disk driver not reading

Malfunction of 3.5" disk drive in Windows 10.

Hi,

To assist on your disk drive issue, please clarify the following:

• Did you get an error message when the disk drive refused to read the inserted disk?

• Have you tried updating the disk drive's driver?

• What
      other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Roan T, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

Disk driver not reading

1. Disk driver not reading - Similar Threads - Disk driver reading

2. A disk read error occurred

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A disk read error occurred: I facing this problem what should I do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-disk-read-error-occurred/62d09316-a241-4f1c-bb49-672ca8df9690
  3. Disk reading error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  4. Disk reading error

Disk reading error: When I start my pc it says that there is a disk read error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-reading-error/ecb05ee0-c691-41ef-a23b-a56f5b3c2efe
  5. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  6. Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks

Disk Drive Will Only Read Certain Disks: My Bd-Rom, which in Device Manager is a Optiarc BD-Rom BC-5500S ATA Device, It is Built in to my computer will only read Certain disks, I am trying to install a video game The Sims 2 Deluxe but it will only read my expansion pack disks, not the base game, and I have tried to...
  7. Disk read error.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk read error.: my laptop is jut displaying a screen sying that a disk read error has occured and i have to restart it by clicking on Alt, Ctrl, Del buttons. but its still not working when i press the buttons....
  8. disk read error occurred

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    disk read error occurred: Hello! I have a problem with my laptop ASUS, it have blue screen and this problem "disk read error occurred" How can I solve it? It will be very great, if you give me detailed description what to do. Thanks in advance!...
  9. Disk read errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk read errors: Is Microsoft ever likely to read disks and handle read errors without taking for ever! It's NOT hard. I did this in the early '80s in assembler and I am not even a programmer. It was slow then using floppies and a read error could be taken care of in a few hundred...
  10. Floppy disk drive not reading disks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Floppy disk drive not reading disks: I have an external floppy disk drive that I have been using and it has stopped working with the message: "A: is not accessible. The disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted."...