Windows 10: Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Discus and support Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid. I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ozstar, Dec 2, 2017.

1. ozstar Win User

Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Hi,

Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid.

I have to parts that I nhave much data in. Is is full of audio files and the other of dp\ocs and p0ds etc.

I have used cgisecurity Windows TestDisk 7.1 and it shows all is stil there.

No sure now about how to back up before hitting the chnage to Basic button.

This is the acreen now.

How to get backup of data please?

oz

:)

ozstar, Dec 2, 2017

2. Accidentally Converted Disk to Dynamic and Cannot boot

Windows build-in utilities only allow you to convert a blank disk (shown as unallocated space) to basic disk. I have used AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss. in your case, you
    need to make a bootable media with this freeware on another computer. then boot your computer from it to convert dynamic disk to basic disk. it provides two options to convert dynamic disk to basic disk.

Method 1: Convert a dynamic disk back to basic disk. Safely, directly and time-saving (only take 3-10 seconds) revert a dynamic disk back to basic disk without losing data.

Method 2: Convert any dynamic volume to a basic partition. Sector by sector clone simple volume, spanned volume, striped volume, mirrored volume and RAID-5 volume from dynamic to basic disk.

Even though you will not lose the data on the dynamic disk when you use this option to convert the dynamic disk back to a basic disk, be sure to backup any data on the dynamic disk that you wish to keep first just to be safe in case something happens.
    Say a power outage while in the middle of converting the disk.

How to Convert Dynamic Disk to Basic in Windows 10 without Data Loss

Youngwarlord, Dec 2, 2017
  3. how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Lovepreet Pank, Dec 2, 2017
  4. ozstar Win User

Well have worked it out and backed up both dirs I ndeed.

The first backup was fine and I got all the dirs and files and was able to access them on another drive thru explore.

The second backup copied all the firs over but I can't get access to them as I get a..
    'You don't have permission, click Contibue to get acess.
    When I do this I get..
    You have been denied permission to access this folder. You ned to use the Security Tab.
    Did that but saw a NULL SID with no Permissions.
    See SYSTEM, Me as User, Admin.. all with full permissions.

I see thetotal data in the new copied dir is onlu 1.26GB which would be the dirs alone.
    With files this should be 2/300 GBs.

Any help please?

ozstar, Dec 2, 2017
  5. ozstar Win User
    Well after messing around a bit went inro Share in Properties then reshared the drive with 'Everyone'. As I am it's onlu user this was fine.
    Worked and now I see and play all files etc.

ozstar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help - Similar Threads - Disk Dynamic Invalid

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk: I need help! I recently installed Windows 10 on my grandmother's computer. Shortly after, I realized that drive "E" SD card storage was no longer accessible, blocked by tools. Using Disk Management I moved the tools, but in the process accidently converted my "Disk 0" that...
  5. Dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data: Hi, how do i convert dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data? I know you can do it via disk management, but for me its greyed out. I have 4tb one and i think why its greyed out is bc it will try to convert it to basic mbr disk (which supports only up to 2tb)...
  6. Invalid Dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Invalid Dynamic disk: I have connected my old laptops hard disk to a new one and it is not accessible. In device management the hard disk shows "Dynamic" and "Invalid". so what should I do ?...
  7. Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk'

Fix 'Dynamic / Invalid Disk': Evening all, I recently found out my old HP Pavillion G6 Laptop 750gb hard drive which I have tried to access on my Dual-booted iMac (windows version 1903). However, in Disk Management is says 'Disk 2 - Dynamic - Invalid'. The option to Convert to Basic disc is greyed out...
  8. Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?

Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?: I have dynamic disk about 2.7TB (GPT), i need to convert it to the basic without data loss. Is there any program that can do that ? I tried couple nothing worked. Paid of free doesn't matter. 149391
  9. Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk

Cannot change dynamic disk to a basic disk: Running windows 10, due to some personal reasons want to change my dynamic disk to a basic disk.But the option for the same is greyed out in Disk Management.If anyone posts a guide to accomplish the same I would be really grateful*Smile 30309
  10. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...