Windows 10: disk encryption

Discus and support disk encryption in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have encrypted my usb drive using bitlocker. but it wont open using the password and the recovery key. how can i decrypt it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamesvc 631, Jan 24, 2019.

1. disk encryption

i have encrypted my usb drive using bitlocker. but it wont open using the password and the recovery key. how can i decrypt it?

:)

jamesvc 631, Jan 24, 2019
  2. jp_pt Win User

Encrypted Disk

Hi,

Thanks for help and response, disk encryption :)

I think was bitlocker, but its strange because i I thought
    that encrypt all the disc as a whole, and if took the disk out, ok should be encrypted.

But i was logged in windows and copied the files , the same encryptiton persists in files too?

Or will be impossibel without the public key and the certainty of the software used?

Any forum that you suggest to ask some more help?

Regards

jp_pt, Dec 16, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Encrypted Disk

What good would encryption be if all you had to do to defeat it was copy the files? You copied files that were encrypted, and there is no way to decrypt them without the key.

JimWynne, Dec 16, 2019
  4. disk encryption

Device Encryption not avaiable

Hello Fraczek,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Are you referring to BitLocker Drive Encryption?
    • What preventing you from doing this?
    • Did you get any error message or code while doing this?

Before you come up with the above information, suggest you to refer the article

Help protect your files using BitLocker Drive Encryption
    and see if it help you.

Do refer the article
    Windows BitLocker Drive Encryption Step-by-Step Guide
    and check if it help you with the required information.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 16, 2019
Thema:

disk encryption

1. disk encryption - Similar Threads - disk encryption

2. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  3. Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win XP - Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker & Enforce Message signing Compatibility: Hi Experts,Does anyone know if Windows XP supports:Implement hard disk encryption Bitlocker Enforce Message signing CompatibilityAnswers are appreciated and thanks in advance.- Vinu....
  4. Why Windows encrypt my disk without my permission?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows encrypt my disk without my permission?: Just today this 'Full device encryption' thing cost me one partition when i tried 'sudo ntfsfix' on Ubuntu Even when hibernation or any kind of disk encryption was off on Windows.I couldn't get it to work on Windows and Ubuntu.When i tried to recover the lost partition on...
  5. Why Windows encrypt my disk without my permission?

Why Windows encrypt my disk without my permission?: Just today this 'Full device encryption' thing cost me one partition when i tried 'sudo ntfsfix' on Ubuntu Even when hibernation or any kind of disk encryption was off on Windows.I couldn't get it to work on Windows and Ubuntu.When i tried to recover the lost partition on...
  6. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  7. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  8. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

9. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....
  10. Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker shows un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management"...: Bitlocker is showing un-encrypted in "Manage Bitlocker" but show encrypted in "Disk Management". I had upgraded the Bios on an HP Z4 G4 Machine to the current version just to make sure everything is current. Why is there a discrepancy in what is showing for disk encryption....