Windows 10: Disk error but what disk

Discus and support Disk error but what disk in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I received notification of a disk error in the action center and clicked on the message as instructed to reboot and repair the error. My concern is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snifferpro, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Disk error but what disk

I received notification of a disk error in the action center and clicked on the message as instructed to reboot and repair the error.

My concern is that it does not tell me what drive had the error, which is something I would like to know.

I used event viewer to bring up the error but even there is no drive identification there that I can recognize.
    There is a cryptic volume name which is unfamiliar to me.

I'm (hopefully) attaching an image if the event viewer error.

How do I Find the drive involved in this error?

Thanks

:)

snifferpro, Sep 30, 2018

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk error but what disk :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Derek12 Win User
    USB flash disk error.

Hi
    I have noticed that when I connect a USB disk brand ADL four repeated errors appear in Even Viewer of Windows 7. The error is
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
    The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR5.
    But the disk is fine, it have passed the ScanDisk, I have formatted it and the error appears, however it works correctly when I transfer files to and from the disk
    Many thanks

Derek12, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Disk error but what disk

Disk Read Errors

OK, earlier, I got a BSOD. Now I'm getting disk read errors. The error on the BSOD was 0x00000F4, and now, when I load up the system, it posts, does everything, then, just beofre it would start loading Windows, it comes up with:

Disk read error
    Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.

Any ideas? I kinda need to get it working ASAP...

Thanks,

Ben

Ben Clarke, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Disk error but what disk

1. Disk error but what disk - Similar Threads - Disk error disk

2. Disk errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk errors: For the past four days when I turn my laptop on I can’t get into it. It keeps giving me checking disk errors or disk errors fixed may take an hour. I left it on for a day but it still didn’t let me in. Any help?...
  3. Disk errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk errors: For the past four days when I turn my laptop on I can’t get into it. It keeps giving me checking disk errors or disk errors fixed may take an hour. I left it on for a day but it still didn’t let me in. Any help?...
  4. disk error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disk error: The IO operation at logical block address 0x11c2b590 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000033 failed due to a hardware error. how can i fix this error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-error/475d31f4-d7d6-4b12-b8bd-e7b6fe70459f
  5. disk error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disk error: The IO operation at logical block address 0x11c2b590 for Disk 0 PDO name: \Device\00000033 failed due to a hardware error. how can i fix this error ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-error/475d31f4-d7d6-4b12-b8bd-e7b6fe70459f
  6. Disk Error?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Error?: My laptop recently started giving a "Scanning and Repairing Drive C:" message at startup. Keep in mind that I never force turn off, always use the turn off option and wait until all life stops to close the screen. The scan screen only stays for about 3-4 seconds on screen,...
  7. Disk Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk Errors: Hi, I was wondering if someone can help. I randomly get disk errors and windows crashes and a few times the HDD fails and I have to RMA. I have got the motherboard, RAM, Disks, all replaced but do randomly get issues. Wondering if its a Powersupply or a cabinet that might...
  8. Disk error but what disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk error but what disk: I received notification of a disk error in the action center and clicked on the message as instructed to reboot and repair the error. My concern is that it does not tell me what drive had the error, which is something I would like to know. I used event viewer to bring up...
  9. Disk Error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disk Error: [ATTACH] I need help with this type of error. Any ideas? And if yes please tell me. And btw, i need the files alive not deleted so if there are methods of deleting the whole files from the drive. Exclude that answer, and if there is no other choice, well.. i'll be very...
  10. Disk error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk error?: Hi guys;I have this error ? how can i fix it? see Pic, thanks 5217