Windows 10: Disk error cyclic redundancy

Discus and support Disk error cyclic redundancy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bboypayte, Oct 12, 2021.

1. bboypayte Win User

Disk error cyclic redundancy

I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the HDD, it doesn't show on the explorer. So I looked up to the disk management and it shows a prompt saying that I should initialize the disk with two choices which is the MBR and GPT. I chose the GPT first. After that it shows an error "Data error cyclic redundancy check". So I tried the other option MBR, but still the er

:)

bboypayte, Oct 12, 2021
  2. Aquinus Win User

pls help: CYCLIC REDUNDANCY CHECK ERROR

Use something like CrystalDiskInfo to check SMART on the drive, however if this is an older IDE drive, SMART might not be supported. Cyclic redundancy errors are almost always uncorrectable disk errors. I suspect that the drive is failing juding from the symptoms you described.

Aquinus, Oct 12, 2021
  3. Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check, "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check).

O:Need help with Cyclic Redundancy Check.

I'm trying to download a game and in the middle of it it keeps saying "Error: data error (cyclic redundancy check) help please!

LaQuandaWilliams, Oct 12, 2021
  4. JManbd Win User

Data Error - Cyclic Redundancy check

System Backup fail. message shows Data error (cyclic redundancy check) Error Code: 0x80070017

Please help.

Thankyou.

JManbd, Oct 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Disk error cyclic redundancy - Similar Threads - Disk error cyclic

2. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  3. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  4. Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk drive cannot initialize: Data error cyclic redundancy check: Hello !My relatively recent disk stopped working when trying to access files, it showed the error of the title, and now, it doesn't even have a letter assigned anymore. I've tried, using diskpart/disk manager to initialize the disk/format it, but the error kept showing up....
  5. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  6. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk error cyclic redundancy: I upgraded the laptop of my sister from hdd to ssd. I formatted her hdd since it got some issues on the OS because of several bsod error showing up every time. Her laptop has a DVD drive slot, so I bought an HDD caddy to make use of the old HDD. But the laptop didn't read the...
  7. Disk error cyclic redundancy

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. virtual disk manager data error cyclic redundant error

virtual disk manager data error cyclic redundant error: My brother had a seagate drive hooked up to his xbox, then suddenly the power shut down. the when he turned his xbox back on the seagate drive wouldnt show. So i hooked it up to my pc to see if i could fix it. the disc is spinning when i plug it in. And the space is...
  9. Decompression error code -6 ; 0x80004005 ; disk cyclic redundancy

Decompression error code -6 ; 0x80004005 ; disk cyclic redundancy: So, apparently my laptop can't extract files and install games while others can. First, I tried to extract it with file manager. Then, at some files, it shows the error code 0x80004005. Second, I tried to use 7zip and WinRAR but it shows disk cyclic redundancy error. I'm...
  10. Cyclic redundancy check

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cyclic redundancy check: I'm running windows 10 home and I have an external hard drive Toshiba that I can not get it to format ,initialized an unallocated. I do find it in computer management as disk 3 but I can't run chkdsk /f ?drive/. How do I go about fixing this ?...