Windows 10: Disk Error?

Discus and support Disk Error? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So sorry if this is a dumb question - So recently my computer started to run extremely slow (like within the last week or so) and today it froze... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillieLastly, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Disk Error?

So sorry if this is a dumb question -

So recently my computer started to run extremely slow (like within the last week or so) and today it froze completely. I hard reset it but when I turned it back on it was a black loading screen that said "Disk error" and then "Attempting Repairs". Afterwards it went to a blue screen that said that automatic repair couldn't fix the issue. I went into advanced options and tried restarting my laptop and I even tried to restore it but nothing worked. Please help!

Many thanks!

-Billie

:)

BillieLastly, Oct 14, 2018

2. 3rd master hard disk error

Ugh, i just got that on my dads pc, he was ripping a dvd to his external hdd to play off the ps3, when we rebooted it he got a 3rd master hard disk error.

Anybody got any suggestions?

I reset the cmos for about 5 minutes thinking thats all i needed to do, but that didn't happen.

freaksavior, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Disk Error? :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Fernandz Win User

Disk Error?

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Disk Error?

1. Disk Error? - Similar Threads - Disk Error

2. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  3. Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message.: Can't install fs2020 on Windows 11 and hangs up on disk 3 with attached error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-fs2020-on-windows-11-and-hangs-up-on/da57ef9d-dadd-46a2-a763-f962ff5675f3
  4. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  5. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive: I recently encountered an issue with my system's disk configuration. I had two disks, one with Windows installed C drive and the other designated for additional storage D drive. However, the D drive encountered corruption, leading me to format it as the data within was not...
  6. Issue with Disk Error 0x8007045D After Formatting D Drive

7. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  8. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check": Recently tried updating my Windows 10 PC but had problems with installing a security update last January 2024 screenshot below. I didn't bother trying to fix this for a while but then I encountered a problem with my game Dota 2 on Steam which was actually located on my drive...
  9. Internal HDD not being detected with "disk error - cyclic redundancy check"

10. Disk write error - I cannot help myself anymore and really need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk write error - I cannot help myself anymore and really need help: Hello, since a few weeks I frequently get disk write errors after a game crashes no matter if steam or ubisoft. I am unable to start any game after it happens and I can neither verify game files nor download/install anything on that drive and sometimes not even access the...