Windows 10: Disk Event ID 7

Discus and support Disk Event ID 7 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; We have been doing in-place upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It's been going well, with just some minor driver issues and some user training... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thomasm516, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Disk Event ID 7

We have been doing in-place upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It's been going well, with just some minor driver issues and some user training here and there. Yesterday, I got a call from a user who has an Optiplex 9020, and she was complaining that her system has been extremely slow since her machine was upgraded to Windows 10. I looked at the Task Manager and on the Processes tab I saw that the CPU was running at only about 5%, and memory was around 40%, but the disk was pegged at 100%.

Disk Event ID 7 41dcb5a5-c6a9-4a2f-b36b-7f009e1c2ed6?upload=true.png

At first, I thought this meant disk space so I checked and the drive has 418 GB free. I then looked in the System log and there are hundreds of the following events:

Disk Event ID 7 3b3813d1-0a0e-4271-87d4-af78e1e17f5b?upload=true.png

These events started about a week ago, when the user's machine was upgraded to Windows 10. I researched the disk error, and it seemed like that error indicates physical damage to the hard drive, with most people recommending that the drive be replaced, so I thought the upgrade to Windows 10 was probably not related and that the two events just happened to coincide.

But then this morning I got another call from a different user, also with an Optiplex 9020, and her machine is exhibiting the same behavior. Her machine was updated to Windows 10 just this morning, and the disk errors started right after the update. Now I am thinking that maybe there is nothing wrong with the hard drive after all. Maybe a BIOS update or a driver is needed, and maybe Windows is logging the disk errors simply because it does not have a better error code to use.

Has anyone seen this behavior with upgrades to Windows 10? I've already imaged a couple of machines just in case I need to go down the road of replacing them, but that being said, any suggestions on how to solve the problem without replacing the machines?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!

--Tom

:)

thomasm516, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Aman_khan Win User

WHAT IS THE EVENT ID 7

HEY,

I AM USING WINDOWS 7 PRO & WINDOWS 10 PRO, MY SYSTEM SHOWING EVENT ID 7 IN EVENT SOURCE DISK,HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN HARD DISK (EVENT ID 7). AND HOW TO SOLVE THIS?

PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS

Aman_khan, Sep 26, 2018
  3. event id 10016

Hi Steven,

Go through this
    forum post
    and follow the troubleshooting steps listed.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jericho Lap, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

Disk Event ID 7

Event ID 10016

Solved Numerous event id 10016 errors win 8 pro 64 bit

Here is the basic outline ...

1. Search the registry for the CLSID
    2. Make note of the Default Value, which is the name (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker) you're going to look for in DCOM
    3. Change the Owner to Administrators
    4. Give Administrators Full Control
    5. Repeat steps 1-4 for the APPID
    6. WinKey + s > type in component services > click on Component Services in list
    7. Component Services > Computers > My Computer > DCOM Config
    8. Change the View to Details
    9. Find the name from step 2 (ex. ShellExperienceHost, RuntimeBroker)
    10. Right Click on the Name > Properties
    11. Select the Security Tab
    12. Launch & Activation Permissions > Click Edit
    13. Look for the offending user from the 10016 (ex. System, Local Service) and make sure it has the activation requested (ex. Local Activation). If the offending user does NOT exist, you have to add it and give it Local Launch and Local Activation
    14. Click Apply
    15. Close DCOM and Regedit
    16. Reboot PC

Note: Make sure you understand the steps before doing them Disk Event ID 7 :)

Eagle51, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Disk Event ID 7

1. Disk Event ID 7 - Similar Threads - Disk Event

2. Event Viewer Disk Degrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Disk Degrade: when I look at Event Viewer there is a certain error that concerns me... Disk is starting to degrade. New SMART event detected. why would my drive be degrading if this is a new pc? Disk model: SAMSUNG MZVLQ1T0HBLB-00BH1 Disk serial: S673NJ0T235283 event id 7002 1.866.577.3562...
  3. Event Viewer Disk Degrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Disk Degrade: when I look at Event Viewer there is a certain error that concerns me... Disk is starting to degrade. New SMART event detected. why would my drive be degrading if this is a new pc? Disk model: SAMSUNG MZVLQ1T0HBLB-00BH1 Disk serial: S673NJ0T235283 event id 7002 1.866.577.3562...
  4. Thousands of errors piling up in Service Host: Windows Event log - 95-100% disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thousands of errors piling up in Service Host: Windows Event log - 95-100% disk usage: Hi there, starting some time this morning, my desktop PC slowed to a crawl. Upon checking task manager, I noticed that a process "Service Host: Windows Event Log" was using between 90-100% of my disk constantly. Checking for updates as well as a basic restart changed nothing....
  5. Thousands of errors piling up in Service Host: Windows Event log - 95-100% disk usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thousands of errors piling up in Service Host: Windows Event log - 95-100% disk usage: Hi there, starting some time this morning, my desktop PC slowed to a crawl. Upon checking task manager, I noticed that a process "Service Host: Windows Event Log" was using between 90-100% of my disk constantly. Checking for updates as well as a basic restart changed nothing....
  6. Thousands of errors piling up in Service Host: Windows Event log - 95-100% disk usage

7. event viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restart: Event Viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restartAlways happens when I leave PC idle. Also happened a few times randomly while using PC. Been happening for a few days now.Things I tried:1. Reset Bios to default settings at...
  8. event viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restart: Event Viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restartAlways happens when I leave PC idle. Also happened a few times randomly while using PC. Been happening for a few days now.Things I tried:1. Reset Bios to default settings at...
  9. event viewer constant disk warning event 153 followed by BSOD and going into bios after restart

10. Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 157. Disk 2 has been surprise removed.: I consistently get the event ID 157 "Disk 2 has been surprise removed." However, there is no disk 2. I have a disk 0 which is a mounted SSD for data storage and a Disk 1 which is an NVMe for the system. I have already checked the connection of both drives even though neither...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 7 disk

2. event id disk 7

3. disk event id 7