Windows 10: Disk Format Changed to RAW

Discus and support Disk Format Changed to RAW in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ali Asghar Chakera, Nov 21, 2021.

1. Disk Format Changed to RAW

I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it is showing up as a RAW file system drive which I cannot format back to NTFS for some reason. I have tried formatting it using file explorer, the command prompt and disk management but none have worked so far. I even tried to change its letter because I read somewhere that it might help but so far no luck. Please help me rec

:)

Ali Asghar Chakera, Nov 21, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Save RAW drive - Don't want data

Open Admin command prompt, then type:
    1. diskpart
    2. list disk ======> Take note of disk # of the RAW drive
    3. select disk # ======> is the number in step 2
    4. clean
    5. exit
    Open Disk Management and initialize it, Create Simple, format.

topgundcp, Nov 21, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Nov 21, 2021
  4. Disk Format Changed to RAW

Disk Number changed and Can not format

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Start Menu.

• Select Disk Management.

• Right-click on the drive letter you want to change and click
      Change Drive Letter and Paths.

• Click Change...

• Use the drop down to the right of Assign the following drive letter: to select a new drive letter.

• Click OK.
    Try formatting the disk again.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Nov 21, 2021
Thema:

Disk Format Changed to RAW

1. Disk Format Changed to RAW - Similar Threads - Disk Format Changed

2. Unallocated Raw format Disk after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unallocated Raw format Disk after windows update: Hello,I was using windows 10 pro x64 workstation. For a long time, I waited for the updates to fix some more problems and postponed the transition to Windows 11, I applied the update today. There are 5 secondary disks "3.5" apart from the operating system disk. One of the...
  3. Unallocated Raw format Disk after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unallocated Raw format Disk after windows update: Hello,I was using windows 10 pro x64 workstation. For a long time, I waited for the updates to fix some more problems and postponed the transition to Windows 11, I applied the update today. There are 5 secondary disks "3.5" apart from the operating system disk. One of the...
  4. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  5. Disk Format Changed to RAW

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Format Changed to RAW: I have a 1 tb hard drive which had windows installed on it and had over 500gb of personal data in its user files but it became corrupted when I plugged it into another laptop and since then it wont boot in its original laptop. I have it currently in my other laptop where it...
  6. raw partition not formatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    raw partition not formatting: i had an ransomeware attack it locked all my files . so i decided to install new window . when i tried to format or delete my hdd partition 2 the bsod appear and my partition became raw . the bsod showed kmode exception not handled plssssssss help as soonn as possible...
  7. change format of disk directory

change format of disk directory: When I open the directory in Windows on my Dell Inspiron laptop, it has suddenly changed to a multi-column format. The listing of files used to be in 1 column, so you could see all the information about each file. Now it's in 2 columns, which means there's much les...
  8. why my disk format is raw

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    why my disk format is raw: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/REDhelium [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fau835/why_my_disk_format_is_raw/
  9. Disk listed as RAW

Disk listed as RAW: After windows 10 pro update, my boot drive disappeared. I started with installation disc and went into recovery command prompt. With “Diskpart” I viewed the disks on my pc and my boot disk was listed as RAW, after exiting diskpart, I run chkdsk /f on that drive and it was...
  10. Raw formatted my external

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Raw formatted my external: Ok so I recently accidently made my external USB drive into a raw, I was wondering if I could some how get it back, I think it still has the files on it, I got it so windows finally recognizes it but all it wants to do is format it. I want to keep all the files still on it...